Maternal & Child Community
What can I expect at 34 weeks? Lots of funny feelings.. / Open Forum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi all.  I am just wondering what are normal experiences at 34 weeks pregnant?  Like how do I know if what I'm feeling is normal?  I've gone past the painful pelvis stretching, past the limping due to the pelvic stretching/joint loosening, Carpal tunnel, swelling, not sleeping, ect.. But should I be feeling anything in the cervical/vaginal area?
Yesterday, she put so much pressure "down there" that I started to think that maybe I was going into labor.  And I was laying down.  So it wasnt gravity.  It felt like pushing.  Then I felt a sharp pain in my cervix like she was coming out. My natural instinct was to sorta tighten up and "make sure she stays in". I know it sounds strange but that's the best way I can explain it.  Shes usually not so low. (I should add that I had just had a unpleasant BM a little while before..sorry tmi)

What can i expect based on your experiences in the weeks to come?  I'm asking because I know there are a few of us first time moms at the same point in our pregnancies and I thought this question would prove beneficial to all of us. When does a women usually loose there mucus plug?  My Dr appointments with internal exams will start next week.  
Hiya
i have a five month old and i was induced
but alot of the stuff you describe sounds normal to me
my friend had a low baby she could not sit without spreading her legs wide cuz his head was so low
they can punch and kick and cause all sorts of discomfort
if you are worried the best thing is to call you doc and see if you can get it checked
your babe might just want to come out now!!
i was always told to use my insincts if your worried its best to just call and ask it makes you fel better and the baby in turn
good luck
enjoy
its amazing when you see their little head
sunshine
Hi,I'm 34 weeks too and I know how you feel.Sometimes I think I'm going to see a hand fly out and wave at me!! Yes,even when I'm lying down,I feel that pressure.It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one who is feeling all that"action". Good luck!!
you sound pritty normal to me. at my 34w check up they told me she was already "head down" so that is why i was getting all those fellings down there.
at 34 weeks I was feeling more or less the same. every little twinge I felt I thought was labour coming on. I remember doing the same thing, kind of clenching myself to keep him inside for the time being.

Enjoy these last few weeks, you are almost there. I had to have a c-section so missed all the excitement of losing my plug, waters breaking, contractions and my DH going into a panic. Hope it all goes well for you and you can enjoy these moments.
I have the same feelings, I read on the baby site that now the baby is laying (at 34 weeks) directly on us not "floating".  So I am guessing this is why I have the pressure.  Sometimes the pressure is in my side like a foot is going to come out of my ribs.  Then the pressure down there - that is just a weird feeling.
Hi, i'm 33 weeks and i can totally relate to what your saying, i've also had that sharp pain that feels like it was around my cervix area, although my baby is not engaged yet (well he wasn't at my last midwife appointment a week ago).

I've also had a sharp pain in my perinium area, i have no idea if thats normal or not.  But i guess everyones different.  Sometimes it feels as if he is just putting all of his weight on my pelvis and feels really heavy.  I also have been kicked so much in one particular part of my pelvis, either that or his kicking the nerve in that area.  
Baby Parade

Just between last night and this morning two of my friends and one of my co-workers (co-worker using a surrogate) all had their babies and they were ALL early.

My one friend was due at the end of May but her baby is sick and will need special care.  He was going to be taken by c-section on April 10th but he came on his own Monday.  Little fighter - he is holding his own with a long road ahead of him.  The other friend is Due on April 10th and she woke up today to her water broken and the co-worker's baby was due at the end of April and the baby came yesterday.

Now I am nervious.  It really can happen at anytime now girls.... We are so lucky to be having healthy babies and they are now big enough to come when they feel like it.
I'm 39 weeks tomorrow, but what you are talking about is totally normal, and only keeps coming.  I have been having lots of contractions too and lost my mucous plug around 35 weeks, but of course still no baby.  It gets hard to walk at the end and you get those lovely pains in your cervix and I also get the shooting pains in my back.  I think it's nature's way of making you look forward to labor.  Baby is just getting big and running out of room.  Pressure and contractions and very common at the end, not too much longer ofr you now!
I feel the same way.  Sometimes the pressure is so bad it is painful!! I have been getting alot of Braxton Hicks contractions.  I am so ready to have her!! :)
Im 33 weeks and I can relate completely with you ladies. Im just happy Im not the only one that's going through all of these changes. At times I find myself feeling so much pressure on my pelvis I feel as though if Im laying down if I stand up he is going to some how fall out. Some days I can also feel him laying what feels like his whole body at the bottom of my uterus. Since this is my first baby I couldn't be sure if this was normal either and I felt as though I may be going into pre term labor.