Maternal & Child Community
What can cause a false positive pregnancy test?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I took a pregnancy test at home and it was positive, so I went to the doctor and that test also positive, I then had a ultra sound but nothing was found at all. So they did a blood test and it came back negative. How can this be?
my past history is I had a bone marrow transplant 3 years ago but now in full remission. I did however have full body radiation, and chemo. Is it possible for me to get pregnant now after going through all that???
I got kind of excited about the positive and then was let down hard when it was a negative just really confused. How would I go about trying to get pg again? Or is it not possible?
Thanks abentley28
Avatar n tn
People who take HCG shots will get a false positive.