What can you see on a transvaginal ultrasound at 6 wks
Just curious as to what I will see tomorrow when I go in for a transvaginal ultrasound. I am 6 wks and 1 day and other than urinating more I don't have any other pregnancy symtoms.
I was 6wks 3dys for my first ultrasound. You can see the sac and what looks like a little peanut. I didn't get a heartbeat until a couple of weeks later. My friend is 6wks and had an ultrasound today and got a heartbeat. Good luck!
You might see the heart-beat, but if you don't, it's still ok, so don't freak out:)

You can also see your baby, but at this point it's just a little dot:)

Good luck:)
i saw a yolk sac, the baby, and a heart beat at my six week appointment. But they say if you dont see much it could take just week or two later. Good luck
I saw *2* heartbeats yesterday...!
The dr said a lot of times you don't see the heartbeat at 6 weeks so don't be alarmed if you don't see it. :)
Good luck!
Hey girly.  I saw my little beans heartbeat at 6w2d.  I am now 10w2d, fat, and haven't had another us yet.
When I went in at 5-6 weeks there was only a sac, and I got really paranoid as I had a Blighted ovum in January.  When I went back a week later there was my little peanut with  a good strong HB.

Each baby develops at a different pace, so if there is nothing there yet, it is not anything to worry about as it is very early still.

Sometimes these early scans just increase your anxiety levels..

Let us know how it goes, and congratulations.
You can't see much at 6 weeks.  I remember my dr showing me a sac and the baby's HB.  All I saw was a little dot and the heart beating.  It made me cry!!
I'm like me2mommy...all I saw at six weeks was tiny dot with a heartbeat flickering (no sound) and a yolk sac. It was still sweet, though!

I just had my 20 week checkup today, so I got to see a LOT more this time around!
I saw a little tiny dot, a heartbeat, and a big sac that looked like a bubble.  Don't worry if you don't see much.  Also, having an ultrasound this early can help you date the pregnancy.  I had no idea when I had ovulated or conceived, so this really cleared it up for me.
I had an ultrasound last week and all we could see is the gestational sac. The dr. said I was about 5w3d is it normal not see the baby yet?
Yeha its normal, i had an ultra sound last week and i was 5 weeks 4 days and all they could see was the gestational sac .. i actually go back tomorrow to see if they can better date my pregnancy!
I just got my ultrasound results back and they told me they think im five weeks but they dont know for sure but my doctor called today and told me that they didnt see anything but fluid filled what is that the sca but any way she said the didnt see anything in my tubes nor the baby but she is worried that due to my history of having a baby with downsyndrom that i can have aan ectopic pregnacy so just because they didnt see anything this early does that mean im at risk for ectopic pregnacy
I'm scarred. I had a transvaginal ultrasound done today because I'm not sure when my last period was and all they found was a sac of water. I'm getting my hcg levels checked to see if there rising and I go back in a week for another scan...I hope I see a baby!
Could it have been to early?
This will be my 4th. I've never had any problems before. I'm so scarred though because my kids are so excited I hate to let them down.
Well I had bad pains and had a sono at about four weeks and they had to do it vaginally because they couldn't see n e thing. Even going vaginally, I couldn't see much at all. It looked like a little ball, like it was still just an egg or something but in the middle was a tiny flitter that was the heart beating.
Hi I'm 6 weeks and 4 days I went to the doctor yesterlday they did a vaginal sono and I saw just a little sack looked like a grape it was so cute but no heart beat but that's okay most people don't get a heart beat this soon
Hi Nayce45,  

I did a transvaginal ultrasound today and my fertility specialist and there was no heartbeat.  I am 6 wks, 5 days pregnant with twins.  I was told by the specialist that there should be a heartbeat by now, but according to your comments, it still can be too early.  After losing my first pregnancy, it is hard to go through a second termination.  I would like to know what week you see the first heartbeat and how everything is today for you.  Thank you.
I am pregnant for the first time and more confused than ever!  4 days ago I went in for my first ultra sound and the dr. found a sac 8 weeks in size but no baby.  Today, I had another one done and this u/s found 2 sacs both 5.5 weeks in size and still no baby.  I have another u/s scheduled for one week from today.  I'd like to hope that the second ultra sound was correct in its measurements!  I'm just really scared.  Also, I've been spotting quite heavily.  The doctor said this was normal. Any advice would be so helpful.  I"m really scared and just want things to turn out okay!