What does (a little) high amniotic fluid mean??????????????
Ok I just had an appt today and everthing was great.  The dr said I have to go in for another u/s because she wants to check my amniotic fluid because it was a little high or I had a little to much.  My ???? what does that mean.  I always thought you had to worry if it was low not high.  She said they may have to run more test but did not say what kind of tests.  I am a little worried about this.  Please let me know if anyone else has had this or knows what it means.  Thank You
I had excess amniotic fluid with DD. After checking with u/s they determined everything was fine. Some women/babies just have more than others. This pregnancy is shaping up the same way and they say DS is totally normal, just that I have a little extra cushion. The only part that stunk was when they broke my water at the hospital while in labor with DD it gushed FOREVER! On the bed, while walking down the hall, in the bathroom, shower, getting back in the bed, you get the picture. I would try not to worry unless your doc told you something else was going on or of something specific they were going to look for. Good luck and keep us posted on what they find with your u/s!
I have heard of this and heard that if it is WAY too much they can safely drain it periodically.

I am curious to know why though, too much would be considered not safe. If you find out when you go back in, let us know.
In most cases, too much fluid isn't a major concern. They definitely worry about too little more. Causes for too much can be gestational diabetes, big baby or some fetal GI problems. In my case, they couldn't determine a cause (in 60% of cases there is no known cause). I had an AFI of 27.6 or so and in my case it led to my son tying a true knot in his umbilical cord just before our scheduled induction. If detected early in pg, they can drain it a little at a time using the same procedure as with an amnio.

Andrea

Thanks everybody I will keep you posted.  I go for an u/s on the 16th or so.  I know I do not have diabetes because I just had the 3 hour glucose test for that.  I am measuring a little bigger than I should be so maybe that is it.  All of my u/s have looked great so far I thought so hopefully all is fine.  Well like I said I will keep you all posted at a later time.  Thanks again.