What does an ectopic pregnancy 'feel' like?
I am probably just paranoid, but I keep getting a dull pain/burning sensation on my left side down by my female "parts." It's like an inch or two above where my thigh and torso meet. I was just wondering if this would be a cause for concern or if this is just one of those pains that we feel sometimes then they vanish as fast as they come. I am on CD 33, no sign of AF and not sure of the day that I O'd. I took a hpt yesterday and it came out bfn. My mom had an ectopic when I was 18 so I know they run in my family.
I have never had this but a lot of ppl on here have and if I remember that is what they described as well.  If you think this could be something like that I would call you dr ASAP and let them know what you are feeling.  I guess it could also be you are just getting ready to start AF.  It sucks that the symptoms are pretty much the same for that or pregnancy.  Good Luck and let us know what happens.
Thanks for your comment, I think I will call my mom as well and see what she thinks:)
I thought i was haveing a etopic preg in the beginning from my understanding you would only feel that when you are at least 2 months along in the pregnancy the fetus becomes bigger and that is the pain you feel but thats what i was told when i ? about the pain i was having. but it never hirts to get checked out
I don't think ectopic would happen to you just because your mom had one.  I had an ectopic and had a BFP the day before AF was due.  I had NO symptoms of it being ectopic until 8 weeks along when the pregnancy was big enough to HURT and rupture in my tube.  So I'm not sure if they are all the same but I wouldn't think that you would be able to even diagnose it as ectopic this early..they would have to moniter your HCG levels closely and when numbers would be high enough to see something on u/s they would rule out ectopic by seeing what is in your uterus in relation to your HCG levels.  Good luck to you!
I'm right there with you, my lower abdoman hurts sometimes not to much and not to bad, I'm hopeing Af shows up soon or I get a + test but I doubt that. Good luck to you.
Thanks for all of your comments, I have read somewhere that ectopic's are hereditary or that women are at greater risk if someone in their family has them. I am going to wait til AF shows up or if it gets worse as of right now it just comes and goes and isn't really that bothersome, it's just strange. It may pass in a few days,who knows, sometimes my body is weird.:)
I don't belive its somethin Heraditary. I also have question's on Eptopic pregnancy. I found a great site where you can talk to experts in the seduation, people who have either been through this or people who deal with this everyday.

http://www.allexperts.com

thats the site.
Hi, my mother in law had an ectopic pregnancy, and she tells me that you are most definitely aware of the pain, it is quite definite.  Her dr thought that it might be a urinary infection to start with, but as the pain increased, she was diagnosed with ectopic.

Hope this helps, and good luck!