Maternal & Child Community
What does baby kick feel like?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

What does baby kick feel like?

It's funny because I posted yesterday thinking that something may be wrong.  Anyway, Later on in the day, I felt a tap on my belly but it was faint and since I was worrying that something was wrong, I just assumed it was in my head.  Later on, on my way home, I was on the bus, and felt another tapping.  This one was a bit stronger and I was so surprised that I looked down to see if someone was actually tapping my belly because, thats exactly what it felt like.  Someone tapping my belly. I know it's really early to feel anything for me, I'm 15 weeks today and I am far from thin (especially now).  But it was really strange.  Does kicking feel like a tapping?  This is so bizare! It made me feel a little better as  I was worrying all day. Thanks :-)
its the sweetest feeling to feel ur baby kick.Its feels like lil butterflies in ur tummy or maybe bubble feel.
Initial movement feels like a gas bubble.  How exciting for you!!
Feeling your baby kicking or moving is the most awesome feeling in the world. Just wait until you're further along and you watch your belly move because they are moving around. I remember the first time I felt my son kick/move I was at work and it was like something was tickling my tummy..I wanted to rub it but again it's a feeling you've never felt before and when it happens you'll know..good luck and I can't wait to get that far.
A tap is a kick.  At this point, the baby is far too small to give you a big wind-up and whammo.  Besides, some never do...I felt my baby moving around very early for a first baby (13 weeks) and have felt him lots since then, but largely just moving from point A to point B in my abdomen, as though a cat was sleeping on my stomach on a blanket and shifting positions.  He hadn't given me anything that could be called kicks until week 30, and even then it's not in the ribs like some people get.  This can be positional (where his feet are pointing makes a big difference) and also can be a function of where the main body of the placenta is attached.
It could be the baby.  I felt mine at about 16 weeks, like popcorn poping.  Now at 21 weeks I feel like I have some doing acrobats,kind of like a fish flopping when you catch one.  We are all different.  If this is a first pregnancy I would say it is too early, this is my 3rd.
Your description of the "tapping" is exactly how mine was with my DS.  I would have to say YES!!!! it's your baby saying "Hi...I'm in here!"
I am almost 16weeks preggers, and I just started feeling my little on a couple days ago. I feel little taps and bumps, it is a wonderful feeling!!! Glad you are feeling yours now!
litttle fluttering movements,  kind of tickles and you cant make it stop!
It could be.  I knew for sure my little girl was tapping at just 15 weeks and to me it felt like popping gas bubbles or like someone else said "popcorn popping".  I felt it for about a week before that but wasn't sure if it was gas or not.  I knew for sure it was her when 1)felt conistant 2) wasn't passing any gas! LOL!  Now at 27 weeks I feel her all the time and see her movements too!  It's so exciting!  Congrats!
I felt my son at about 18 weeks.  It felt like a little bubble popped in my belly.
I'm almost 15 weeks and haven't felt much yet.But with my DD I remember at about 16 wks it started..it felt like a fish flipping and flopping and yes..alot of tapping at first.Enjoy ladies!!