Maternal & Child Community
What does your cervix feel like when you are pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi ladies I was wondering if anyone could help. I wanted to know what your cervix feels like in early pregnancy? I am 2 days late for af and took a HPT 3 days ago it was negative. My cervix is high soft and closed. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I would not know if you are indeed preg.But have always wondered why check cervix?I heard sometimes its high.low,hard,soft or dropped.This is very interesting.Espeasially while preg. when I was preg. I was scared to have sex let alone check my cervix?Well sorry I could'nt help.Hope you are preg.sticky baby dust...nanis
I know I have heard all those things too. High and soft, low and hard one is pregnant the other is af coming. I just can't remember which. Thanks anyway.
I think i looked this question up online and if your cervix is high and soft then yes you are pregnant and low and hard is af my cervix is always low and very hard right before AF. hope you get your wish. good luck to u
im in the same boat, my period is 4 days late, sore breasts really tired,dizzy, headaches and i too have noticed my cervix is very high almost feels small and really soft...what do u think?
thanks,
****FF1***
A great resource to invest in that will tell you everything you need to know about your cervical positioning is the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler.  It's an easy read and tells you what you need to know if you're desiring to get pregnant or if you want to use a more natural approach to birth control.  Good luck to you all!
I have 2 days before my period. I have all the symptoms of pregnancy except for morning sickness. My cervix is high, soft and swollen. Could i be pregnant? All the hpt's come out negative.
Symptoms mean nothing, as does cervical position. It changes frequently, and can mean different things. You need to wait and see if you even get your cycle, and test with first morning urine. If it still shows negative, see a doctor for a blood test.