Maternal & Child Community
What is the cost for d&c surgery?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

What is the cost for d&c surgery?

What is the cost for d&c, with and without insurance?
Unfortunately, I found out the hard way my ins didn't cover it w/o trying to mc naturally 1st. I was 12 wks and my dr said I may not even mc natural. Anyway the dr fee was 2,500 the hospital was about 5,000. Insurance ended up paying part toward hospital. I think if they deem it "medically necessary" insurance will cover it.
a lot of it depends on where you live... i had one done on feb 21st. i live in Southeast Texas... with insurance it didnt cost me anything (considered part of pregnancy) and without insurance (i received a copy of the bill they charged my insurance company) it was roughly 5500.00.. good luck with your surgery =-)
The total bill came to around $5000 for me in Kentucky.  The insurance paid 80% and I paid the rest.
wow, i was in the hospital all day getting quite a bit of care and they ultimately deemed that i needed the d&c because i was hemmorhaging. i have insurance, but i got a copy of the bill. it cost 13,000 dollars for that whole day. doctor, emergency room, ultrasound, anesthesiologist, x rays, blood, medicines, surgery etc.

i paid 1000 out of pocket to meet my deductible for the year. i am pretty sure it is cheaper if you  are uninsured.
I was really surprised when I got my bill.  I had a D&C a few weeks ago, and including the doctor and hospital fees, the insurance's "allowable charges" are around $9500.  I have a $2000 deductible plus 20% coinsurance, so this will set me back about $3300.  The baby was around 13 weeks, and they said there was more blood lost than they'd expected, so I was probably in the hospital for a couple more hours than most people.  I live in "downeast" Maine.
I just had one in Nov. and I live in Montana.  My total bill came to around $7300.  I had to pay $1100 though.  Now we are pregnant again so I've met my deductibles for the year (Starts in July), so maybe some of this pregnancy can be towards that and save me some money!
I just found out the hard way how expensive it is. I opted for a hospital procedure, since I didn't want to be awake for it all. The total of all the bills before insurance was almost $8000. Of that, I owe approximately $1600. Very expensive. Now, I kind of wish I had opted for the in-office procedure.
I know I am in the wrong place but I would appreciate anyone who can help.
I am one year post menopausal. I was 1-2 years in peri and it has been at least one year since I had any spotting of any kind. In my research D&Cs were mentioned which is how I found my way to this forum.
I woke up this morning only to find myself in a full blown menstruation.
I see nothing helpful online or scary things. What is the truth behind this anomoly. It is mentruation and not just bleeding as it has all of the associated symptoms, bloating , cramping and some which I wont mention at the risk of being too graphic.
Anyone who can shed some light on this would be welcome.
hi me and my boyfriend been together for 3years now and we dnt got kids but want to start a family it hard because we see other  kids and it just make me sick i want kids i ask god any pray why has it happand i have been going to doctors hopein tey can help and give me answers it get a lil lonly with jut us to hope god answers our prays
I have Anthem BCBS California Classic PPO and use In Network to stay safe with my personal expenses. I had the D&C on 6/18/13 at 9 weeks. I just got my medical bill and breakdown. First bill is for my first initial OBGYN visit at 7 weeks cost Office Visit at $206.00 and I am responsible for $111.05. Second bill is for Ultrasound at $225 and my responsibility is $0. Third bill is from LabCorp for blood test and the bill was $1503 but with my insurance I am responsible for $429.75 for the Lab Immunology, Panel and Microbiology test. Last bill is from the doctor office for the D&C procedure since I chose to do it at the doctor’s office rather than the hospital. Breakdown of expenses are D&C Surgery $800 and Drug-Non Oral $40 my responsibility is $47.98. There might be one lingering bill for the Ultrasound visit at the hospital, but am hopeful that is waived or is a relatively small fee.

A very important note to all: If you had it done in the Doctor's office it would be cheaper than done in the Hospital. Apparently when you do D&C at the hospital or outpatient clinic, insurance is covered after the deductible, but if you do it at the doctor's office, all you have to pay is co-pay. If done at hospital you would be subject to deductibles and co-pays for everything. Ideally no one would be able to afford it.

It is best to have medical insurance –it will save your sanity. No one wants to be depressed of losing their baby as well as having to be burdened with the cost of a lost baby too.