Maternal & Child Community
What is the first day of your period
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What is the first day of your period

What do you consider the first day of your period?  I had brown spotting on sunday, nothing on monday and a heavy flow on Tue. and Wed. so would I count day 1 as sunday or tuesday?  I am tring to figure out my O days.
Related Discussions
13 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I had a similar period before I conceived and my dr counted from the first day of flow.  My ultrasound dates also matched up with this.  Good Luck!
Blank
Tuesday. You always count the first day of active flow as day 1.
Blank
Thanks for the info!!!
Blank
i would say Tuesday - i believe it's the actual start of the flow and not spotting, but anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
Blank
I heard it's the first day more then spotting...
Blank
108334_tn?1253647995
Tuesday, you always count day one as the first day you need a pad/tampon.
Blank
144100_tn?1283526167
Good question, I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what day 1 actually was!  I love this message board, it makes me feel like everything I'm going through is normal and other women are going nuts trying to figure everything out, too!!  :)
Blank
I have the same problem.  I started on the sunday and then it stopped Monday evening. Nothing on Tuesday and then it started again on Wednesday.  So what will be my first day?
Blank
If you had flow Sunday, I would count that as CD1. Sometimes my AF is like that too, but I always count first day of flow as day 1.
Blank
I have the same issue. My husband and I have been ttc for 3 months and still nothing.  I have been off the birth control patch since february and I returned to normal cycles right away.  After 3 normal cycles, it changed from 28 days, to 24, to 24, to 30, and now again I am spotting, but no real flow. I know I am not pregnant becuase I took a hpt.  I am glad to see that I am not alone.  Perhaps, my timing was off...
Blank
hi, its my first time here,
ttc, and my cycle is completely messed up.  i started spotting, browinsh - on Tuesday last week, and i had a medium flow today - Monday.  What day would be my first day?
Blank
I ovulated on July 26th and started spotting brown and then red blood on August 7th - today (still spotting) not a lot on pad just after going to the bathroom. Temps are at 97.8 Do u guys think it's a actual period or something else? I know that sounds wierd but I've never had this happen before. Thanks.
Blank
monday : 3 bright red spots only in the daytime
tuesday : 3 bright red spots only in the daytime
wednesday : 3 bright red spots only in the daytime
thursday : 4 bright red spots
friday : medium to heavy flow

when is day 1 of my cycle ? is it monday or friday ? HELP !
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...