What to expect after taking methotrexate for ectopic pregnancy
This is my second ectopic.  The first time I had methotrexate but it did not work.  I ended up losing my right ovary and tube.  I had an infection as well.  
This time I think we caught it earlier than last time but I'm still nervous.  I took the shot on 3/10/09.  I don't want to lose my other ovary.  I would still like the opportunity to do IVF if I have to lose my left tube.  I haven't had any cramps and have a little spotting after the doctor did a biopsy of my uterus to confirm that there was no embryonic tissue in the uterus to verify it was an ectopic.  I thought I would have something by now.  I have my 7 day HCG blood test tomorrow.  Just getting anxious.  
methotrexate didn't work for me either.. i lost my tube but luckily I kept both ovaries.  I would have them to mutiple hcg checks to monitor its progress... once it is determined that it is falling at an acceptable rate, then they can lighten up on the testing.  I would also insist on reg ultrsounds to make sure there isn't fluid/blood collecting in your abdomen. It is hard for me to be pushy with dr(s) but you can't afford to be nice right now.

best of luck to you!!
Update:  My levels didn't go down 15%.  They only went down 5%.  Going to get another ultrasound to see how big the baby has grown in the tube.  Depending on how big will determine what the next step is.  This is such a stressful process.