Maternal & Child Community
Whats the earliest you can see the sex? and another ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hey ladies,I wanted to know whats the earliest you can see the sex of the baby?  I have an appointment on the 15th and I will be 15weeks then, will they be able to tell?????

Also I am 11 weeks now, and I keep feeling like a poke and a tickle not a flutter like at the top of my stomach, and it is too high up to be gas. What could it be? Is it the baby? Is it too early  to feel that baby, or it to each its own.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
typically at 15 weeks you can see the sex, but not always, and im 11 weeks too and have felt little pokes high on my belly, but the baby is really really low, so i know its not him/her, (this may not be right) but i aways think its my food digesting or something going on in there, my poke feeling was at the bottom of my  ribs, and the baby wont be up there for many more months
I got to see my baby boy at 17 weeks 5 days so i dont know...mine was pretty obvious of what it was and the baby shouldnt be so high so i dont think its the baby
i never found out the sex, but I remember the u/s tech asking me at one of my visits (before the 20 week, I want to say the 16 week visit) if I wanted to know.  My DH and I wanted to be surprised so we declined.  Now I don't know if the tech was just asking to make conversation or if she could tell, but I dind't pursue the matter any more.
As for the "kicks" you are feeling,  I felt them too and was told it was not the baby.  As mush as I wished they were.  She was still way down low in my belly.  I honestly can't remember what the dr told me it was, but it was nothing to worry about.  You can ask your dr when you go for your visit.
I know the big desire to want to feel the baby move. I've wanted it throughout the pregnancy. I had little things too in the beginning, but I am 16wks now and today was the first time I have ever felt the baby move. You will know it's the baby when it is. It was low in my stomach and felt like little kicks or gas bubbles. It was so weird but amazing. Just be patient it will happen. =)
I have felt baby moving up high since the very fist time. He was always around the lower part of my ribs and still is. I also feel him in my side and back! :)
I'm on baby number 1 and felt movement at 13 weeks. At 14 weeks, we found out we were having a boy. That was confirmed at 20 weeks and again at 21 when I had to go to the hospital for pains! :) They should be able to tell!
I felt my second baby sooner, but it was around 13 weeks, and then it was very faint, and not every day.  The uterus is really low though, your uterus typically isn;t even up by your belly button till around 20 weeks, so if it's really high up it's probably something else, like gas bubbles.  You will feel your little one soon though.  As for the sex, some people get to find out around 16 weeks, although it can still be tough, most Dr.'s wait till around 20 weeks, or if they tell you earlier will warn you that the error rate is higher.  Good luck at your u/s!
I found out I was having a boy at 15 weeks.
The baby is very low. You would not be feeling movements even anywhere above your belly button until 20 weeks or so. As far as seeing the sex, I was 12w4d when I found out I am having a boy. That was confirmed at 15 weeks and again at 18 weeks. It's not too early
my friend does ultrasounds for a living so i get them done quite a bit we found out at about 12 1/2 wks then it was confirmed at 18wks.