Maternal & Child Community
When Morning sickness stops

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

When Morning sickness stops

Is it normal for morning sickness to suddenly stop?  I am 9 weeks pregnant and for the past 3 weeks i have felt sick all day.  Now it's suddenly stopped and im worried.
Avatar n tn
i am also 9 weeks and mine stopped for a few days and every once in awhile a smell or something will turn my stomach or when i get up i feel a little sick but nothing like it used to be and i seen the baby  hearbeat and everything is good so it is okay
Avatar n tn
Thanks for your comments, it is encouraging.  Unfortunately, I have to wait until the 12th week until i can have a scan so im on my own until then, and full of worries.
Avatar n tn
Have you mentioned this to your ob? Have other symptoms stopped also or is this the only one?
Avatar n tn
I don't want to scare you, but I think that you should make an appointment to see you ob/gyn ASAP.  It is always a concern when pregnancy symtoms (symptoms) go away suddenly.  I miscarried a child at 4 months, I went to the doctor's for my ultrasound.  I knew something was wrong because I was no longer having morning sickness and I started losing weight.  I know God does things for reasons and that experience made me a stronger person.  Luckily, I was able to carry two more pregnacies to term.  I wish you the best.  Remember Always follow your instinct!!!
Avatar n tn
You should definetly see your doctor. I had morning sickness for 4 1/2 months and then one day I woke up and it was gone. I tried everything over the counter including wearing those bracelets and nothing helped. Some women feel morning sickness for a short while and some for longer amounts. Your visit to the doctor will answer any conserns, please let us know...
Avatar n tn
Only the morning sickness has gone, however, I have realised that last friday i started on a course of pregnancy vitamins i bought over the counter instead of just the folic acid.  Could this be the reason why my morning sickness has stoppe4d?
Avatar n tn
Sedalia...

On the vitamins...
One of the things they reccommend to allieviate morning sickness is certain vitamins.  (I know B6 / Folic Acid, and Iron make a difference...)

They say morning sickness tapers off near the end of the first trimester.

If you're concerned, call your doctor.

-Heather
Avatar n tn
I read a lot these posted questions that pregnant women ask. I was reading the one about morning sickness suddenly stopping around 9 weeks of pregnancy. Everyone's body is differ and the experiences one person has in their pregnancy another might not have. My breast aren't sore at all and I'm 9 weeks pregnant myself. I have worked from Neonatal intensive Care to Pedtriatics recovery room and multi other areas as a nurse. I can tell if you aren't bleeding and having horrible cramps more than likely you are fine. Obsessing about ever little isn't going to change the outcome even if it was bad. Try to relax and enjoy not having morning sickness. Remember the outcome is the same if you worry or not, so why not enjoy yourself. There is always a chance something could happen when you are pregnant just try to relax, and more than likely everything will be fine.
Stupid coment!!! Preach somewere else!!!!! God talk dóe not brlong on a medical website that deals in facts!!!