Maternal & Child Community
When can my husband feel the baby move?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

When can my husband feel the baby move?

Hello All. I started feeling the little bun in the oven moving at around 17 weeks (I just turned 19 weeks today), and it is getting stronger and stronger. Just wondering if anyone knew when someone (namely my husband), might be able to feel this movement from the outside of my belly. Thanks!
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
118074_tn?1228332603
A week or so later...He was amazed and still is!
Blank
Hi I think it's different for everyone I'm 18 1/2 weeks started feeling little one around 14 weeks and my daughter can feel little one move...she gets a kick out of it.usually after i've been moving around and lay still on my left side is the best time to feel.hubby doesnt like to feel it gets freaked out..lol...
Blank
I think around 18 weeks is when she started kicking a little more often and harder so DH could feel it. For the longest time my baby would stop moving when anyone would touch my tummy, so sometimes its up to the baby too.
Blank
My baby dont like my hubby trying to feel him move....he starts kicking really hard at him.  And its worse when I lay down at night beside my hubby.  But he started really feeling him around 22 weeks.  Before hubby said it was just like a small flutter when he touched my tummy.
Blank
I am 20w6d today.  I've been feeling her kick quite often from the inside...but we have yet to feel her on the outside.  I decided that we're going ot stop sitting around with hands on my belly for a weeks or so and see if she gets a little stronger!  lol.
Blank
What can I say she is a Momma's girl. :)  That is until she is born and wraps biker Daddy around her little finger.
Blank
That is funny. Same thing happens when my dh tries to feel her move. Her kicks and movements have gotten alot stronger in the last couple of weeks. So I can feel her all the time now.
Blank
Baby Quinn is very stubborn. I have felt consistent kicks from her since 20 weeks and here I am 22w3d and as soon as DH puts his hand on my belly she stops kicking. The moment he takes his hand away it is play time again for her. :) DH also has no patience after 5 min with no kick he always trys to stop feeling for them.
Now out of every 20 kicks I can probably myself only feel 2-3 by using my hand. They are mighty strong feeling inside but not that powerful to come through the belly all the time yet.
Blank
I think my little gurl will start letting her father feel her move when she gets ready.  She's already like me, she makes everyone wait.
Blank
im 19 weeks with my second child i have only been feeling the baby move this last week and yet to feel it from the outside.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...