Maternal & Child Community
When did ya'll start dilating??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

When did ya'll start dilating??

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well!!   So I went to the dr today (i'll be 37 weeks tomorrow) and of course they checked me down there, anyways, my dr advised that I haven't dilated nor has she dropped either.  She wants me to walk an hour everyday from today on non-stop.  Is this normal??   Should I be worried?
Please help!!!     Thank yOU!
Avatar n tn
na, no worries. the baby will come when she is ready! If not than they can always induce labor. Walking helps but is not garonteed!
Avatar n tn
Thanks for the quick response Jackie, i'll try not to worry too much!  (my sister's name is Jackie, how exciting)  :)
Avatar n tn
I personally don't place a lot of trust in those examinations.  I have a friend who went in last week and was dilated four centimeters, with the bag of waters bulging out and she STILL hasn't gone into labor.  Then there's the people who aren't dilated at all and they could still go into labor the next day.  Everyone's different, you definitely shouldn't worry.
I wouldn't worry a bit about it. The times I haven't been dilated are the times I went into labor naturally. On a couple of my babies I was dilated to a 4 starting at 36 weeks and had to be induced after my due date. It really doesn't matter how much you are dilated in my opinion.