Maternal & Child Community
When did your morning sickness start?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

When did your morning sickness start?

I have researched it on the internet and it says between 4-6 weeks.  I was curious when it started for everyone here.  I am 5 wks today and mine has not kicked in yet and I just want to be reassured that everything is ok. I don't have my first OB Appt til 5/8/06. I see my Primary Dr. on 4/17/06 and I am going to have them check my levels.  Thanks for the input..
I didn't start feeling it until after 7 weeks.  I will be 9 weeks tomorrow and it happens when I get hungry or too full.  I never threw up and it comes and go.  If you don't ever feel nauseous, consider yourself lucky!  Not eevry woman has M/S!
I would say that in all my pregnancies my morning sickness started around 6 weeks.  Be patient!  It's a reassuring feeling but not a good feeling. Once it starts, you'll wish it would stop!  Good luck!
Some people do not have morning sickness at all. But for me I was only a bit queasy with all of mine probably around 6 or 7 weeks.
i have m/s right away when i get pg (even before BFP).  really i just get nauseas and that is it... no puking for me unless i eat when i am not in the mood...

GOOD LUCK and CONGRATULATIONS!!
My m/s started around 7-8 weeks and it has continued ever since. However, it is not nearly as frequent as it was in the beginning. (I am now 19 weeks) Will it ever end???

My sis-in-law has had 3 healthy babies and has never once had m/s, so I guess it is different w/everyone.
I didn't get morning sickness. At 14 & 15 weeks bad headaches to make me sick, but that's about it!
thanks for the comments! I just want that reassurance. I am sure you do too Greenpixie! I just hate it cause I dont know my levels yet?! 8 wks is soo long to wait.  I will get them done on Monday when I seem my primary dr.  I have never been one of the people who got really sick, but a little nautious.
I didn't get sick at all with my first or current pregnancy, but my second I did really bad, but not until the end of the first trimster. Which is unusual, but it's differnet for every woman and with each pregnancy.

I have two small Qs but the open forum is closed:

What kind of fish can we eat while pregnant? My doc said short lived fresh water fish, but what are they?

What is the wives tale about the heart beat? Is it fast for a boy and slow for a girl, or vise versa?
I've been wondering this too, but after reading some of these posts I guess maybe I do have it some.  I haven't thrown up yet, but there are definitely moments when I just don't feel good.  I'm also having a hard time liking most foods right now.  This started for me last week, which was the beginning of my 6th week.
My morning sickness started at about 5 1/2 weeks and had me almost continuously bedridden until my D/C at 11 weeks (after I was told I had a miscarriage).  So as you can see, getting morning sickness can be a comfort in the beginning and a nightmare later on (and doesn't necessarily mean everything is going fine).  My opinion of morning sickness is "DON'T WISH FOR IT"!  Just keep believing and praying that everything in you pg is going fine because everything IS FINE.

Don't worry, enjoy the early parts of your pg, I never was able too.
This is my 4th pregnancy. With my first 3 I didn't get sick at all, with this pregnancy it started at 6 weeks. Pregnancies vary and feel BLESSED if you do not get it!!
With my first I felt it at 5 weeks until about 13 weeks and I would not feel gross, I would just start and have to run. This time I feel yucky and if I don't throw up I feel terrible all day, but as soon as I throw up I feel fine. I threw up thinking about my lunch one day at work, and it was my favorite. I threw up the other day when I saw a booger hanging out of my BF's nose after a shower (TMI), it comes anytime and anywhere, but just think atleast you know you're pregnant, and if you don't get it, then cherish it, you're next pregnancy you might not be so lucky :P
From babycenter.com: Link
http://www.babycenter.com/expert/pregnancy/pregnancynutrition/2657.html

"Question: Should I steer clear of fish now that I'm pregnant?

Answer: No, there's no reason to put the kibosh on all fish. Loaded with protein, vitamin D, and omega-3 fatty acids, fish and shellfish are an important part of a healthy diet. But you're right to be cautious. Nearly all fish and shellfish contain traces of methylmercury
You should take DHA to supplement if you don't eat fish.
Thanks for the info! I feel like Sam I am from Green Eggs and Ham. I hated fish my whole life until I found out how great it is for devloping babies. I actualy asked my doctor after I asked this question what was good and he said short lived fresh water fish contain the lowest amount of mercury. So I went to whole foods(best store in the world!) today and got some Talapia and it was so good! It cooked in like five minutes, I'm having that once a week!
Mine started suddenly at 5 weeks. It lasted til about week 11 and is back slightly at 30 weeks. Don't pin yourself down on all these 'symptoms'. Know that everyone is different and just b/c you don't get the classic symptoms as predicted week by week- don't let urself stress over it!! I ended up having hyperemesis (extrememe nausea and vomiting) visiting urgent care twice that 1st trimester to be hydrated via an IV. I could keep NOTHING down, not even water. If you test positive on the pregnancy test and ur first ultrasound shows a heartbeat, then know that's all the "symptoms" you need right now.
My first pregnancy I didnt have morning sickness and had a healthy baby girl,2nd pregnancy I felt really sick until 11 weeks then I miscaried 12 weeks, now i'm pregnant again nearly into 8 weeks have only felt a wee bit nauseas but are feeling positive everything will be great this time. I guess everyone is different some people say getting morning sickness is a sign of a healthy baby but I disagree  alot of people dont get morning sickness and their babies are really healthy.
This my 5 pregnancy and the worst
I never felt anything with my 2 and 3 but compare to my 1 and 4 this is horrible I waiting on a Dr appt so I Don have a clue how far I am and Oct 14 I had the implant removed out my arm so can someone help me