When did your toddler stop napping?
When did your toddlers stop napping? And when they did, did you just put them to bed earlier? I'm not ready for my 2 1/2 year old to give up his nap, but it's hit or miss these days if he naps. Driving me crazy. Thanks...
My DD will be 3 in July. She's right up to the point where she doesn't need a nap. It drives me nuts too. I really haven't been giving her one these past couple of months the only time I give her a nap is usually on the weekends. She takes forever to go to sleep during her naps too and when she goes down finally, she doesn't sleep very long. The days she gets a nap she has a hard time going down to sleep at night, sometimes it takes her 2 hours.
When I don't give her naps she gets cranky and really tired around 6:00. So I have to deal with her being cranky for about 2 hours then I put her to bed at 8:00 and she goes to sleep right away and sleeps in.
So I've been dealing with the crankiness but Oh Well.
I rather do that.
It really can be frustrating and sometimes I feel bad when she's really tired.
Good Luck with everything
From 3 years on he started skipping naps and since 3 1/2 he fully stopped unless he is in his car seat and on the road.
hi! i've been teaching young children for several years. it all depends on the individual child. i have worked with a couple of children who actually stop napping before the age of 3. the class i work with now is a class of 4 and 5 year olds. of 15 kids, 11 of them nap everyday. the rest nap only a couple times a week. honestly, i feel it depends on the child's schedule and level of activity. the children are stimulated all day at school, with no real down-time. if your child is at home, the more relaxed pace may reduce the need for rest. however, i do feel that both you and your child do need that break in the day. if your child won't nap, continue to set aside that regular time of day for your child to read or play quietly on his or her bed. put some nice soft music on for them (the kids at school are dependent on the lullaby cd's we play for them). i have also had classes where it was very effective to play books or stories on cd during rest time. it helped the kids relax, and they don't notice that they're settling down as they listen to stories. if your child is reluctant at first you can take them to the library to borrow some books on tape. this might help get them excited.
My daughter stopped around age 2... I wasn't ready for it!!!  She was still going to bed at 8 and getting up at 6:30-7, she is now 3 and still has the same bed time and still gets up at the same time.  Sometimes she gets really cranky, so I send her to her room for quite time, she has to color or relax for about half an hour and that really helps her.... and me  :)
Both of mine right around the age of 3...but go to bed earlier.  They sleep about 12 hours a night.
My DD stoped around 2 1/2 it worked out great for her just wish for my sake she would have longer so i could still get stuff done :)
I don't have a toddler yet, but I know my cousins little boy stopped napping right before he turned 3, the little boy I baby sit all the time still naps and he will be 4 in May. He gets up about 5 am though. He can go without a nap but he is not fun to be around then.
My dd is 3 1/2 and she still naps for 2 hours every day.
PGB
I was scrolling down and saw this and I thought it said "when did your toddler stop nagging?"  I swear I did.  I was like, "heck mine still nag and they are 7,9, & 14!!  I gotta read this!"  Then when I opened the thread up it was about sleeping! haha  Sorry.  I need more sleep myself!

My kids stopped the everyday nap at about 3 1/2, then they only took one when they needed.  In other words, when they got so fussy and ill that you couldn't stand them any more.  But, then when they started kindergarden they had to lay down for a nap everyday.  Their teachers said they took one some days and some days they didn't.