Maternal & Child Community
When do I start to really worry? Fetal movement@ 33 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I know this may sound like a repetitive question but, I get myself really worked up sometimes.  I do have a doppler and her heart beat is normal.   I've accepted the fact that she will have her quite days but, between yesterday and today, she's been awfully quiet.  I often hear that if there isnt 10 movements for 2 hours, you should call your dr or go to labor and delivery.  Well, I woke up this morning @ 6:50am and I felt about three movements from then until 9:15am. I did check her hb this morning and it was normal 140's.
So if I go to the dr or labor and delivery about her lack of movement, will they check for something other than HB?  Does a normal heart beat mean everything is ok?
Most women around this time say their baby is hyper, but she isnt really hyper.
I had oj this morning and it didnt seem to wake her up.  Also, I've changed my eating patterns.  I eat a lot of little things instead of 3 regular meals because I have no room. Do you think this could affect it?
I'm pretty sure that she was moving while I was asleep (I sleep very deep now, whenever I get some sleep..) I was having a dream and her kicking worked her way into my dream.  Does that make sense?  It must have been so hard that I noticed it but not enough to wake up.  
Just to add, I have a dr appointment today @ 4:45.  So I will discuss with her.
I am 34 wks and my little guy has slowed down on movement. They say 4 kicks an hour but there are times that I really go a long time without feeling anything.  Doctor says not to worry, and if you are that worried then drink something with sugar in it and lay on your side.  
It's ironic you are at 33 weeks....I was just asking my friend who is a mom of 2 when she noticed an increase in movement (I'm 17 weeks and getting antsy) and she told me that with her daughter she started moving constantly one day and didn't stop until 33 weeks. Then she slowed WAY down and didn't move so much. She called the doc and they told her that it was completely normal for the baby to do that! She's now almost 3 years old and healthy (and ornery) as ever! Good Luck!!
The book says that we will notice a slow down around now as the baby is running out room and positioning itself.  Mine has been more active now then before and sometimes it hurts because he/she is so big.  I do like you - when I dont feel movement I put the doppler on - and then he/she moves because he hates the doppler.  I swear last night when I finally tried to get some sleep the baby was knocking - I was on my left side and on my right side it was kinda like punching me.  
I had the exact thing happen to me between 32 and 33 weeks. Of course I was concerned as well...so I went into L&D and they did a NST. They let me go in 45 min because everything was fine, I just wasn't feeling him because he had moved. After week 33 I started feeling him like normal again.
I am so glad you posted this question. I have been feeling the same way. For about the past 3 days she has not been as active as she used to and of course I have been panicked. I check her heartbeat and it is fine. I go back to the doctor tomorrow afternoon and I was going to ask about it then. I think what we are feeling is normal but I still worry.  Good luck to you and let me know what the doctor says!  :)
Thank you all for your advice. Again sorry if this is a repetitive question but, you know, we all worry and if something doesnt feel right, it really changes my mood. Shes been moving a little better from 9:30 - 10. I felt about 6-8 small movements so that makes me feel a little better. I have a few things that i need to talk to the dr about and I'm not letting them rush me out until I'm satisfied. There always rushing!  
I think as long as her heartrate stays in the normal range, then you're okay.  The part about feeling 10 movements in 2 hours doesn't have to be every single two-hour period.  If you go 2 days or so where you know you haven't felt the 10 movements in 2 hours, then you should go to the doctor.  But as long as her heartrate is good, then you have to worry about one particular 2-hour period where she was especially quiet.

As my kids got further along in the pg it seemed like they went through more periods when they were actually sleeping and had hardly any movement.  This one (I'm 37.5 weeks) will go through distinct periods where she's especially quiet and then wake up and move around.  The mornings are her most quiet time.  I can go from 5:45 a.m. when I wake up until about 8:30 a.m. and only feel 2 or 3 tiny movements, then around 9 a.m. she's up and rolling.

Definitely discuss with your doc though like you planned.  It's always the best to hear it straight from them.

Good luck!!
I am 33 weeks 4 days and the past two days she hasn't moved as much i am getting a little worried should i be?  
You should let your doctor know, if you haven't already.  Often they will bring you in, either to the office or to the hospital and do a Non Stress test, where they track the baby's heartbeat and movements.

It could be normal, but any significant decrease in fetal movements should be checked out right away.