Maternal & Child Community
When do babies usually start laughing?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

When do babies usually start laughing?

Okay, well my little boy Jeremiah, is not quite 2 1/2 months and just laughed for the first time this past thursday. When do they usually start doing that? Also, when do they start to roll over? He hasn't done that quite yet, but I'm sure he has some time yet to figure it out! lol. He also just started sleeping through the night on thursday as well! (thursday was just a great day!!) He sleeps anywhere from 8-11 hours straight at night! How are you ladies doing with your little ones? It's been forever since I've been on here. Thanks!!!! =)
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
187316_tn?1386360282
Honestly all babies develop at their own rate and laughing isn't really on of the big milestones. I've known people who had babies start laughing at about 2 months. Aspen didn't start until 3 months and another friend of mines baby didn't start until 5 months! All are healthy and on track even with it so spaced out. As for rolling over they usually start trying to do it at about 3-5 months by 6 months they should be able to roll tummy to back and back to tummy. Aspen's rolled a couple times when she was 8 weeks I believe and then she never did it again until about 4 1/2 months so it can happen earlier I suspect.
Blank
189192_tn?1261345228
Jacob laughed in his sleep a couple of times back when he was about 8wks.  He is a little over 4m now and actually today at Target, I could of swore he laughed twice but I wasn't 100% sure.  He does like to blow air through his lips but it isn't really a laugh.  He rolled tummy to back at 12wks and back to tummy just prior to 4m.  Everytime I turned my back on him he would roll over on his tummy.  He got pretty sick this weekend with an ear infection and his shots.  He hasn't rolled over again since..

Good luck to you.. looks like your little one is coming right along..
Blank
Noah kind of started giggling around the middle of 3 months and he just started laughing this week! He is 4 months old now. He's also grasping for things, etc But like some 4 month olds, he hasnt learned how to roll on his tummy or back yet!!!  Like the pryer people said, every baby is different!
Blank
223237_tn?1302191991
Aliana laughed out loud on purpose about 3 months.  She laughed at her Grandma for some reason, and we made such a big deal about it she immediately started to cry.  She didn't do it again for a couple of weeks.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...