Maternal & Child Community
When do you feel actual baby kicks????Open Forum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 15weeks and do not feel movement yet which I know is normal, I then should feel flutters etc. But how far along are you when you actually feel the kicks and pushes?
I was between 18-20 weeks when I felt some good kicks with this one. But this is also my 4th. With my first I was in my th to 7th month. It's been 9 years ago so I can't tell ya the exact week lol. Hope you feel him/her soon it's awesome!
Hey, I don't know, but I found this on Babycenter.com:

Question: I'm 4 months pregnant and I haven't felt my baby kick yet. Is this normal?

Answer: While an ultrasound can identify fetal movement as early as 7 to 8 weeks of pregnancy, women generally don't begin to feel the baby move until sometime between 16 and 22 weeks or later, particularly if it's the woman's first pregnancy.

The initial sensations you'll notice aren't real kicks, either. Instead, some women describe the feeling as being like popcorn popping or butterflies in the stomach. If you don't feel any activity by 22 weeks, ask your doctor or midwife about it.

After a while, you'll begin to discern a pattern to your baby's movement and you'll know if something's amiss. If he's not moving as often as he usually does, your baby may be in distress. Ask your practitioner when and how to count your baby's kicks.
I felt the little pokes at 19 weeks and this is my first.
With my dd I felt my first real, identifiable movements at 20 weeks and with this dd I felt my first real movements at 18 weeks. Be patient, it will  happen soon. Other than holding your baby in your arms, this is the next greatest feeling you'll experience.
I cannot wait to feel movement. Right now I get so excited when I have the doppler done and I hear the hb but to feel actual movement will be great!! I am being patient I know it will happen in its own time. I just wanted to get an idea of when the real kicking begins.
This is your first correct? You tummy muscles are strong and it will take a while before you feel any kicks, maybe not until 20-24 weeks!! I didn't even feel any flutter with my first and then at 19 weeks I felt him kick me hard!! By 24 weeks he wouldn't stop moving.

This is my second and I felt flutters at 13 weeks!

Yes this is my first.
Sorry but I have a quick question,,,,, Is it okay to dye your hair when pregnant? I am 33 weeks along
I felt it around 18 weeks.  Everyone is different, it also depends on your body type.
I have been feeling little movements since week 12-plus (like, 12 weeks three days).  But they aren't identifiable as kicks, they feel like someone is drawing a little line about 1/2 or an inch inch long on the inside of my skin for a minute.  In other words, movement that is there, but not poke-y.  More a tickle than anything else, but very identifiable as from a specific place.
I started feeling movement at about 18 1/2 weeks.  Now it's pretty regular.  It is an amazing feeling, but be forewarned- it can lead to other things to worry about.  Now if I haven't felt it in a couple of hours I get a little bit worried.  I guess with each pregnancy milestone comes a new pregnancy worry!
Hello every onei felt my daughter kick for the first tim at 15wks
Wow, very exciting. Was she your first pregnancy???
I know exactly where the baby is from where the hb was detected yesterday by Doppler. I just started feeling some weird pinches in the same exact area. Is this the baby??? It comes and goes and does not feel like round ligament pain.
Maybe he/she knew I was ready to feel something. :)
With my first pregnancy I felt movement and kicks at 20 weeks
my current pregnancy was 16 weeks so you probably wont notice until near 20 weeks.
I had what i thought was possibly implantation bleeding on july 1-3 ttok a hpt today was negative. did i test too early? Don't know when to expect af as i had a d&c on june 9.  any suggestions?  Thank you!
what was the bleeding like from july 1-3rd? if you had d&c on june 9th it could just be either weird spotting or weird period - things get a little out of whack sometimes after m/c and not what is expected. then again it could have been implantation bleeding, but if so i would think you would be able to take hpt by now. i would suggest you call your dr. and speak to him/her about your situation. also i know that after natural m/c can take anywhere between 4-8 weeks or so to get regular af. i'm not sure what the time span is between a d&c and period. good luck. i really do hope for you that it is your bfp.
How exciting!  I felt my son at 16 weeks.  It didn't hurt or feel like a pinch though, it felt like a little fish swimming in my belly, or a butterfly.  It was hard to determine first if that was what it was.  I could only feel it if I was really still and it tickled just below my belly button a few inches down.  I felt him each day after that and it got to be more and more and even stronger.  It's one of the best parts of pregnancy!  Hope that's what you're experiencing, have fun!
thanks for your reply. the first day it was very light pink spotting and days 2 & 3 were brownish then gone.  been crampy last couple days like af is coming but nothing, and bad heartburn.
Yeah, your description sounds right.  I could tell the difference between just the feeling of gas bubbles in the intestines and the baby because it happened in such a specific location and also because it was smaller movements.
Mine felt more like really rapid, really light pulses.  Now they've gotten stronger, of course.  I never really noticed any pinching feeling.
I dyed my hair from 2nd trimester on--nowadays, they say it is safe--as long as the room you have it done in is well ventilated.  There are no studies showing that dye is absorped by the fetus.
Harley~ I felt my babies in my first and second pregnancies right around 16 weeks.

Coreysmom~ I highlighted my hair after my first trimester.
I felt fluttering early, around 15-6 weeks but it wasn't until 24-25 weeks or so until I was feeling real kicks and punches that clearly belonged to the baby.
I'm sorta like girlybuff, and with your first you don't feel the baby as soon as with subsequent pregnancies.  I had strange flutters around 20 weeks.  At 22 weeks I knew it was him and at 26 weeks DH could feel the kicks from the outside.
Post it as a new question when it is made avail. I do not want to ask a new question 2 days in a row. :)
I go according to my due date.. So since i am due january 10th.. every 10th of the month i am 1 more month pregnant... SOO  May 10th i was 1 month, june 10th 2 months july 10th 3 months august 10th 4 months.  

If you go weekly saying 16 weeks is 4 months, it isnt true.. there arent 4 exact weeks in a month..  SO i either tell people i am 15 weeks or 3 months.  I am not saying this is the right way, its just the way I do it.
i think that in pregnancy there is a lot of "you are in" months or weeks.  Like I am 33 weeks 5 days but I am in my 34th week.  And I am 7mths pregnant but in my 8th month.  Does this make sense??  I think you are what you have passed and you are in what you are coming up to!?  haha, i hope it makes sense
Wow! I see "pregnancy brian" hasn't hit you yet!! :)
Heck with the months I am just going to go by the weeks. I know today that I am 15w2d... Rest of it is too damn confusing.
yeah unfortunately we know the weeks we are IN and have PASSED but the people around us will say.. How many months are you?? and we answer..  15 weeks blah blah.. and they are like.. WHAAAAAAAAAAT??? hahaha..    SOO for some people it is just easier to say.. 3 and a half months or whatever.  they seem to get it easier that way..  I know that as of today i am 15 weeks pregnant and am starting my 16th week.. and i am IN my 4th month..  BUT people are too slow to get it..  unless they have had children and obsessed about weeks/days post Ovulation like we have.. hahaha.. point is.. we will have our babies
No kidding, shouldn't other people just be worried about the due date and our shower date, so they know when to buy presents! ;)
Ditto!!!! :)
This is my first pg and I didn't feel the first kick until I was 22 weeks. You can imagine how stressful that was. lol
It would make sense for the month to the considered the month after. Because no one is really 9 months pregnant. They're really in their 8th month. You count forward I guess.
I would say that you are 3months and 3weeks at 16 weeks you would be 4 months
I am just confused as some books say that at 16w1d you are in your 5th month. None of it makes sense to me. :)
I was going to post about how many month thing, but I totally confused myself now! :)
How do you calcualte how far along you are in months??? Like is 0-4 month 1????
I am at 15 weeks so how many months am I, 4????
I am almost 21 weeks... I started to feel movement at about 19 weeks. They were like little flutters...not they are more than a flutter it is like a poking on the inside. I am excited about the baby. What is the earliest anyone has felt their baby kick when they placed there had on the belly?
I started feeling movement around the 18th week, but now at the middle of the 19th week I don't feel anything,so......who knows.
I am very nervous that something to wrong!!
I am 18 weeks and 3 days. This is the  3rd time i have been pregnant but first two ended in m/c. just tonight i started feeling little movements. to me it feels like twitches in my stomach but i can see my stomach flutter when it happens. what exactly is this.
Question: kind of concerned, this is my 2nd pregnancy. Have 15 mo. old. I am about 1 mo. along only, but when i was sitting on my bed and reached over i felt like a lurch in my mid right stomach area. I felt it again a couple of days after that? Could i be having twins, triplets etc. and if i am would i feel it like that? Insight anyone????Please. Thanks Christine
hello everyone
i found this pregnancy calendar the other day that works great. you just put in your due date and it shows you day-by-day exactly how many months, weeks, and days you are, and it even gives you these interesting little facts for each day of your pregnancy. i printed it out and stuck it to my fridge, now im not confused and i dont ever have ot do any counting anymore  :]

http://www.justmommies.com/pregnancy_calendar.php

also, this is my first baby, i just turned 15 weeks today, and i started feeling faint fluttering and tickling about a week or so ago
I am 13 weeks and have been feeling "bubbles" for about the past week. The doctors will say it also has to do with your body type (skinny girls will feel kicks sooner), however I am a heavy woman, and am feeling it pretty early with this baby...with my other pregnancies, I never had the "quickening". I did feel kicks around 16-20 weeks with all my pregnancies before this one. I am hoping that I will feel kicks early with this one!!!