Aa
A
A
Close
When do you give a toddler a pillow?
Hey all...

Just wondering if you can recommend an age to give your toddler a pillow to sleep with?
My dd is 16moths (today) and wondering if it would make sleep time a bit more comfy for her...
Cancel
11 Answers
Page 1 of 1
With my son, I think he was over a year or so and he would take mine to sleep with and ever since then he has had one!

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Maybe i'll give it a try tonight.....she's 16mths...i think she's ready for one...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
286776_tn?1268877932
My daughter is going to be a year old tomorrow and shes been sleeping with 2 pillows for atleast 3 mos now. She loves them and wont sleep without em.
Comment
Cancel
286776_tn?1268877932
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
well if you would like to be 100% sure he is ready for a pillow, what I did with my daughters is I made sure that they were able to remove things from their face while they slept.  Take a washrag and put it on top of their face one night and see if in their sleep they move it away.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
121828_tn?1333468091
Great question. At 1 year I had my girlfriend babysit while I went to a wedding and came home and she had dd in  her sons crib w/a pillow. I almost choked to death.  Then I thought, gee, should she have one? I'll wait till I have a sleep problem but good question.
Comment
Cancel
121828_tn?1333468091
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
127529_tn?1331844380
My son got one when he moved to a toddler bed at 2 years old.
My dad still doesn't have a pillow, he hates them, I couldn't sleep without one.
Comment
Cancel
127529_tn?1331844380
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
DD (14 months) is showing lots of interest towards them.  She's so cute.  She lays down on it and hugs it every so gently (LOL).  Where can I get one for her?  It'll probably have to a flat one, right?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
116879_tn?1266519849
Okay, y'all will beat me for this....DD has been sleeping on a very FLAT pillow since 10 months.  NOW...she has been able to move a pillow and blanket off her face from a very young age (we tested it to make sure she was able to do it before we tried) she would cry and fuss unless she had a pillow under her head.  She is a BIG girl and we sleep in the same room (at least one of does ---we take turns as she gets up frequently).  So my comment is...you don't need a "special" pillow, I would just say one which is relatively flat.   Now DD doesn't like her pillow but wants Mommys. ...so now I am stuck with her crappy flat one LOL!
Comment
Cancel
116879_tn?1266519849
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
348985_tn?1205241625
all mine got a pillow around 1 yr.  The twins a little later, but they were micropreemies and slower to develope.  
Comment
Cancel
348985_tn?1205241625
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
147172_tn?1226761778
My DD is 15 months and loves the pillow.  SHe has been able to remove things like blankets etc fromher face for quite some time.  I gave her my old pillow so it smells like Mommy.
Comment
Cancel
147172_tn?1226761778
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Good idea.  Maybe I'll try the mommy smelling pillow :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
When do you give a toddler a pillow?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources