Maternal & Child Community
When do you show signs of pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

When do you show signs of pregnancy?

How long does it take for signs of pregnancy to manifest themselves? For example, I had unprotected sex during ovulation with my husband 2 weeks ago, and already my breasts are tender. I'm more tired and hungrier than usual as well. I'm not due for my next period for a couple more weeks, so I haven't experienced a missed period yet. I'm curious if I could already be showing symptoms after only 2 weeks. Thanks.
Not very likley, but not un heard of either. I would say that you should just wait and see! As hard as it is. I hope it goes your way! Keep us posted.
I am a bit confused.  You had sex during ovulation two weeks ago, but you're not due for your period for another two weeks?  How long are your cycles normally?
I mis-spoke. I guess it's more like 10 days at this point. I recently got off the pill so things are still sorting themselves out in that department.
How are you detecting ovulation?  BBT, OPK?  Usually you O about 2 weeks before your period, so if you're not due for another 10 days, then you might be ovulating now.
I can honestly say that I knew I was preg. before i missed af. My breast soreness and sickness and I was exhausted. It is not common to have symptoms early but if your in tune with your body you may noticwe things early.
ok so when was your last af? if you o'd 2 weeks ago and your period isnt due for 10 days then your cycle is very long. tell us when your last one was and the date when your due again. its confusing since that would be a long long cycle
You could have signs or they could be nothing.  Many women have the same exact symptoms as early pregnancy after ovulation.  My breasts are always really sore after ovulation.  I get cranky.  I get hungry.  I get cravings. I get headaches.  And I get sick to my stomach.  Then, there are cycles where none of that happens.  

You could be pregnant, but really all of those could just be normal signs of ovulation.   Also, a lot of women do get pregnant immediately after stopping the pill, but I'd say an equal amount have wonky cycles for a couple of months after stopping.  

Also, you don't know how long your cycles are right now if you just stopped the pill.  A cycle on the pill is usually different than a normal non-pill cycle.
I can also say I had my suspicions before I tested.  We were away on a long weekend and I had NO energy.  I was so darned tired and I was 10 times more emotional that weekend than I normally am.  When I came back and tested Monday morning, I cried in disbelief (tried for 5 years spent loads of $$$ on tests over the years), but in the back of my mind, I was like, "yeah, I knew it!"
ok..i'm right here with you. AF is due any day (today is day 29, but last month was a 32 day cycle), but i don't feel like my body is getting ready for her, ya know? my breasts aren't sore though (i keep trying to see, but nothin..) BUT, i am SOOOO tired every night. i want to go to bed at about 9 pm. We moved this last weekend and i was totally exhausted like i've never been. i think we went to bed at 8 pm and my body just melted into the bed.
My breasts were horribly sore and swollen before I got a positive pregnancy test. I have a 30 day cycle and 14 days past ovulation I got my positive. My symptoms started almost a week before that.
I have a question...? I had sex with my bf... He went in w/o a condom then put it on so he could ejeculate in it.. The nxt day I got my period..how big is my chance to get pregnant?
nil since you got your period you were ovulating.