Maternal & Child Community
When do you start to show in pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

When do you start to show in pregnancy?

Evening ladies,
Just wondered when you all started to show when you were pregnant.  I have 3 kids but it's been 8 yrs since my last one.  I'm 7wk pregnant and I feel fat.  My jeans still fit but I just FEEL fat.  I think that I started to show in my third month but I don't really remember.  Is it normal to maybe start to show earlier?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.
God Bless!!
I started to show almost instantly. This is  my first pregnancy
I didn't show with either one until around the 20 week u/s.  This is my 4th pregnancy...I had one m/c.  
With my first baby I didn't start showing till I was 5 months along. I have 4 kids and with every pregnancy I started showing earlier and earlier.With my last one I think I was out of my regular jeans before the first trimester was over. I know a lot of it was water weight though. With you being 7 weeks, I would guess that it's not baby weight just yet because your baby is only about a half na inch at this point. But I do know that once you have had a baby, your uterus grows faster. Kinda because it already knows what to do. LOL that is the way my Dr. put it to me anyway.
I didn't start showing until I was like 23 weeks, I'm carrying him really low, I think it's why I started showing so late
everyone is different. This is my first pregnancy and i am 18 weeks and i honestly look 7 months! haha.. terrible.. but i am honestly loving it..

xx
By the time you're 8 weeks pregnant although your baby is small your uterus is the size of a grapefruit.  I am almost 8 weeks and I am already showing.  My friend Melissa was the same way.  I had to go buy maternity clothes because my jeans no longer fit, and I have not gained any weight, I've lost a couple of pounds because I have severe hypermesis.  I didn't start showing with my dd until about 3 months
I am 14 weeks and I have been wearing maturnity for a few weeks.  I cannot button my regular pants.  I am tall and thin and my uterus tilts forward.  The Doc said since this isn't my first, ligaments have been stretched in the past and with my uterus tilting forward  everything  with fluids just makes my belly protrude.  I look like I am 4 or 5 months.  Just stay comfortable, get you some stretchy or loose feeling pants.  You probly feel real bloated.
I felt the same as you for a long time.  Everything fit until about week 11 I had to start unbuttoning.  But I felt fatter for a long time.  I'm now in week 13 and have a barely noticible bump.  Someone actually asked me the other day if I was pregnant... I told her yes... but what if I had just gained a couple of pounds!?!?  Who asks that this early on?
I will be 17 weeks Saturday and I to anyone who does'nt know me they would not think I was pregnant. But when I look at myself unclothed, I can see a small bump, I tell everyone that I will probably wake up one morning and be huge!! I am still wearing my regular clothes with the exception of a few dress pants that I wear to work that are higher waisted, seemed to be a little snug. But do not worry everyone is different, I have a friend who is due a month before me with her third and she is big, but she even says that with each one of her babies she began to show earlier. Just enjoy knowing that little bump is the beginning of a wonderful life!!
I'm 13.5 weeks and am showing just a tiny bit. If anyone who didn't know I was expecting saw me they would just think I'd gained some pounds. I'm still in all my normal clothes...just feel like I have a major fat roll.lol
this is my 1st and I'm 17 weeks now. I'm REALLY showing.
When I was about 10-12 weeks I was already into maternity clothes. But the weird thing is that if I look at the scale I've only gained 5 pounds? But if you look at me... it looks like I've gained 15!! This happening to anyone else??
I am 16 weeks pregnant and am showing quite a bit. I'm not a big girl but sure feel fat! I haven't gained a pound yet! I wonder why I feel so big if there is no extra weight???? So your not alone!
im 11weeks and 10 days.  im not that sure if im showing or not, well i  think i am. My weight is 132 and before i was pregnant i had a belly and now when i look into the mirror i see a small belly but im not sure if thats just my fat or my baby. And plus i've been eating alot and anything too....
I am about 8 weeks with my first and ALL of my pants are tight even the pants were not freshly washed (you know the ones you have stretched out a bit and havent washed). I am a skinny girl and i have always had a flat stomach (until now) now my stomach has a nice pooch to it if you didnt know i was pregnant you would think i just gained some weight but people who know have commented... yuck
I'm 11 weeks with my first and still not looking pregnant. People at work joke around saying that 'there is no way she is pregnant' . I'm tall and always been skinny and flat stomached so I thought I would show sooner, instead I'm still wearing my everyday normal clothes, i just have to unbutton my work pants that are a little snug, but nobody would guess i was pregnant.
I am 11 weeks pregnant and feel like i am showing but i can't tell. Two years ago i was 224lbs but i lost quite a bit and before i got pregnant i weighed 155-160, so my skin was already stretched out. Is it possible that i am showing already?? This is my first pregnancy and i am 18 and 5'7".
This is my forth pregnancy, I'm doing a half hour of low impact arobics every morning and eating super healthy. I haven't gained any weight yet (I'm 6 weeks along) but I am surprised to see that I am starting to show. You wouldn't really notice when I'm dressed but when I look in the mirror after a shower there is definately a bumb begining.
I think every person is different and in the end I don't think it will make a difference to your end weight or size if you start showing early. Just stay active and healthy and I'm sure everything will work out fine. (At least this is what I keep telling myself)
hey there i am 8 weeks today with my 4th child and im not in maternity clothing yet but my jeans and pants are starting to cut into my tummy when sitting down and are starting to feel tight i didnt start showing with my 3rd child before this one at 14 weeks. but then all depends on your body and how fast your baby is growing. at the moment im just feeling frumpy and fat but wont last long hopefully the bump appears soon and then you can see that im preggy not just fat. so i hope that helps you out
I'm 7 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child...i've definately developed a big roll of fat around my stomach! I just look like i've put on weight....can't weight to start showing properly! I started showing about 18 weeks with my first and 12 weeks with my second :)
On my 1st (and only pregnancy) I started showing at around 5 months. When I was 8 months everybody thought I was only 3 months haha (I'm skinny but not THAT skinny)
i am 6 weeks pregnant with my first child and i am starting to show... cant imagine what full term could look like... LOL! my mom picked up 20kg with me and 25kg with my little sis -  i'm a pretty average sized little chicken. expecting to be the size of a house. step aside people... coming through - coming through...! :)
People show at all different times, i seriously doubt a woman thats 6 weeks pregnant with her first child will start showing she most likely feeling bloated , the baby barely has a heartbeat at 6 weeks,  i would say thou if uve been pregnant serveral times and mean more than 2 your uteras does grow quciker each time, and I think it starts to tilt more foward each time so u will show alot sooner than average
im not showing at all maybe in august i just founf out i really dont know how many weeks i am until i go friday to the doc i guess its diff the only thing is that im always naseuate4d all day morning and nite dang its just diff from what ppl say women r difft u not going to have the same thing happen since i dont see a bump im not convice im pregnant even though the doc says i am i havent gotten an ultra sound yet so im in denail right now until i see my belly growning i think im like 13 weeks now my last period was may 2 and only lasted two days so idklmao  this is my first pregnancy
im 10 weeks and 3 days , i dnt think im showing yet but i am feeling very bloated.... this will be my second child ....but like everyone says, everytone shows at different times with my son kaylan i did not show till i was 4/5 month pregnant ... and i also did not go full term my baby boy was 8 weeks ealier .......so my belly had a lot of growing to do ... good luck mummys and mummys to be with your bumps