Maternal & Child Community
When do you take a HPT when using Clomid?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Good Evening Ladies,

I hope that someone can give me advice.  Today was day 30 of my cycle. (NO PERIORD) I use to have a regular period of 26-28 days.  Now that I am on Clomid it has been 28-30 days. (I KNOW THAT CLOMID CAN LENGTHEN MY CYCLE) However, from your experience how late did/can make you?  When should I test?

F.Y.I......This month was my third cycle of clomid 50 mgs.  Last month my progestrone was 24.6.

Thanks!
When i was on meds and knew exactly when ovulated my dr. told me could test exactly 2 weeks after (if ovulated on a monday could test 2 mondays after). i would say if  you know when you ovulated to test 14 days after. it's certainly possible to test earlier and get positive, but if you get a negative you'll be: a) disappointed and b) in denial, anyway. good luck. keep us posted.
Thanks for being so prompt.  That is good advice.  I could have ovulated on August 25th (based on 28 days cycle) and tested September 8th.  Or I could have ovulated on August 28th (based on 30 day cycle) and tested today September 10th.  Either way it has been two weeks from when I ovulated.  What do you think now?  Have you taken Clomid?

I have had light cramping for a few days like it is going to start, but nothing yet.
I would say if no af by the morning you can definitely test, but keep in mind that clomid can make your cycle longer. i know when i was on it i usually had about a 34 day cycle. i was on it for 3 cycles, but it didn't work. my dr. said if going to work would work within first 3 cycles. i ovulated a few eggs during each cycle, but no pregnancy ever took. he then started me on femara/letrazole. my first cycle i ovulated one egg and pregnancy didn't happen. my 2nd cycle i also ovulated one egg, he did an iui with it, and i got pregnant (ended up m/c). since my m/c (2nd one) i did 2 more cycles of femara with iuis, but dhs sperm counts were getting lower each time, no pregnancy and we're now in the middle of an IVF cycle. hope the clomid works for you. hope you get your BFP tomorrow morning!! please let me know.
I knew when I Oed and my cycles where the same for 2 months.  It made them 31 days!  So come CD32 and no AF I tested.  I would say wait another day or 2 and if nothing then test.  GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!
hI.  jUST WATNED TO LET YOU KNOW ON 100MG OF CLOMID MY PERIOD WENT FROM 26-28 DAYS TO EXACTLY 30.  THE PAST THREE MONTHS WAS EXACT ALTHOUGH I HAD ALOT OF S/E.  DEPRESSION, PAINS, ETC.  BUT IT DID LENGTHEN IT FOR ME BY A FEW DAYS!!  GOOD LUCK!
My dr told me to take a test 1 month after the first day of my last af (so like 30-31 days). It took 3 cycles to get my BFP, I am now 23 weeks 4 days. I knew when I ovulated due to the extreme ovulation pains that I had, therefore I just tested at 16 dpo (af should have came at 14dpo).

I would say that you can test tomorrow morning using FMU!

Take Care and Good Luck
Hey there i was on clomid for a while and got preg twice first one ended in m/c but i took a HPT it was - but when i looked much later (i know bad) ther was a faint + went to the doc the next day and it was + (blood test) and with the second one got the same thing, - and then after a while faint + went the next day to the doc and was + ao i have no idea if the clomid had any bearing on my results or not Call your doc and find out if you can get a bets blood test done. Good Luck
Thank you all for your great responses.  AF came the next day.  
I will not be taking clomid any more.  I did three rounds and no luck.  The clomid dried me up.....from my head to my toes.  My eyes dried out and now I'm on meds to fix that.  I don't know what to think, but if God wanted me to have a baby....I would get pg.  

Did anyone get horrible AF pains with Clomid?
I have been on clomid for the past 3 months and nothing happen, I also have cysts and I am getting a lot of pain on my left hand side
I was on Clomid with my daughter. I went two cycles at 50mg, two cycles at 100 mg and one cycle at 150mg. The 150 did the trick. Our daughter is 2 now and perfect as can be. Some times it takes a little more oooomph to get the ovulation going. Baby dust and good luck to everyone!
Additionally, I took a HPT at a week late for AF. I assumed I wasn't pregnant and prepared myself for another round of 150mg clomid (150 mg made me very sleepy). Almost 2 weeks later, still no AF but mild cramping and sore breasts. I finally took another HPT and it was a BFP! Some women just register enough HCG later than others. I found that out first hand.

We are TTC #2 and I think I may be PG but didn't use Clomid this time. I am one week late (was impatient and tested a few times already - all -ve) but still no AF but tons of symptoms. Nausea, heavy feeling in the uterus, light headed, sore breasts, excess clear CM, high closed cervix, mind round ligament pain, etc....) I am going to wait until the end of the week to test again if no AF yet.
what does Af stand for?
My husband's aunt was on it & she said the longest she went was 35 days. So she waited until day 40 to test, she had a few negative's before so she was cautious & didn't want to be disappointed. Good luck!