Maternal & Child Community
When is it safe to relax and stop worrying?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I too have low progesterone levels.  My doctor put me on Progesterone suppositories and hopefully that is helping me.  I had an u/s done last Friday (6 weeks) and they did find the baby and a heartbeat.  My doctor said that one third of all pregnancies end in miscarriage.  When does the chances of miscarriage taper off?

Also, I work with chemo drugs daily.  I give chemo treatments to cancer patients.  Everything that I've read says this is dangerous while pregnant.  I've talked to two different doctors and got two different responses.  Any input would be greatly appreciated!  I don't get any benefits from work and it really wouldn't hurt us if I did stop working, except that I'd be bored out of my mind!
After the first trimester your chances of miscarriage will decline dramatically, so hang in there for next 6-7 weeks and try not to worry too much. Take one day at a time.

What does your personal physician say about the chemo and your pregnancy? Is there any way you can transfer to another position that you won't be exposed to the chemo? In the mean time, be sure to follow all the precautions when working with the chemicals. I would talk to the manager of where you work and find out what other options are availabe for you.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
Be careful...talk to your Dr....I wouldn't risk it! Take some time off and if your going to be bored..volunteer work is service that is always needed.
I have always heard being around chemo is bad while pregnant. But ultimately you should ask your OB. And I agree with the post above, you can always volunteer. I am a SAHM and my DD is in school. The baby isn't even here yet and trust me I am NEVER bored! :)
Don't want to sound negative but I do not think you will ever stop worrying.  They say m/c goes down after the 12th week I believe and once you hear the heartbeat with the doppler in the office it really goes down but trust me you do NOT stop worrying.  Once you get to the stage where the baby is moving you'll worry if he/she has a down day and does move as much and you'll wonder if something is wrong and even after they are born you may find yourself waking out of a dead sleep (If you can get into a dead sleep) to check to make sure your baby is still breathing.  It is awful.  My DD is 6 yrs old and in first grade and I still worry every time I leave her classroom in the morning.  It never ends until the day you die and we probably still go to heaven looking down and biting our nails.  Take Care and enjoy your pregnancy.  It does no good for you or your baby to worry but don't take my word my for it because trust me I have done my share of worrying and am still doing it.  Good Luck to you.
I don't have any hard facts for you.  The gloves SHOULD be protective (YOU certainly don't want chronic exposure to those drugs, pregnant or not) but accidental exposure can happen.  

I guess you should go with what YOUR doctor advises.
thanks for all of your input.  My RE said that the risks were low, but my regular ob/gyn gave me some literature that said nurses that handle chemo drugs are twice as likely to miscarry in the first three months of pregnancy than nurses who don't handle these drugs.  My husband and I decided that any risk is too high, so I'm going to talk to my office manager about it and explain my concerns.  Like my dh said, we'd hate to miscarry and then blame it on ourselves thinking that there was something we could have done to prevent it.
Everyone is different..  With my first pregnancy I worried alot and ended up miscarrying at 9 weeks.  With my son I didn't worry and he is going to be 6.  With my third one I worried day and night.  And lost it at 11 weeks.  With  this on I am not worrying and I am now 22 weeks.  I was always told worrying has nothing to do with it..  When you miscarry it usually means something is wrong with the fetus that will make it difficult to survive and a miscarriage is your bodies way a handling that type a situation.