When the mucous plug is gone, any precautions to take?
Hi, my mucous came out yesterday.  Besides not taking a bath (the supposed risk of germs getting up into the uterus), has anyone been directed by their doctor to take other precautions?  (I'm not trying to start labor yet, since I'm only at 37 weeks.)  Thanks for any comments!

Hey Annie, just make sure you call your Dr and let him/her know. It may be days or weeks, but you are on your way that is for sure! Hey who knows, you might beat Harley after all! Good luck and keep us posted. I am keeping my legs crossed til the 1st! That is my wish!
Merry Christmas!
I think you can still bath. You can't bathe once your water is broke. Other then that I don't think there are any other precautions. Some women lose their mucous plug over a period of time and NEVER know that it is gone.

I was induced with my son, I was 2-3cms when I went in and I NEVER saw my mucous plug but it was already gone. I bathed right up until I went in to have my son.
Thanks for the input about the bath ... I think you're right, was looking these things up and came across the reference to the breaking of the amniotic sac as the limitation.  Guess I just confused it.  I had that staph test they give to preggers ladies as a matter of course nowdays and it came out clean, so there probably isn't much to worry about.  petanka, I'm with you.  Don't want the baby to come any earlier than he has to.

Annie
Hey,  I just wanted to say good luck with your delivery,  it sounds like you are well on your way to meeting your little bundle of joy!  I don't think you should worry about delivering at 37 wks the baby is now full term :)
When are you due?? I am due Jan 4 but am having a scheduled c-section on Wednesday (Dec 27).
Hi Annie...
Just wanted to say good luck with your delivery. I'm so excited for you!
Please keep me updated on your progress and on your beautiful baby boy!
Thanks again, everyone.  I'm actually due January 10, and it's possible that even with losing the plug I could still be on schedule.  Had a "contraction test" this last week (don't do one if you can help it, ouchie, they turn on a ton of contractions with a drug, and mine lasted 13 hours) and the baby flew through all 13 hours with no distress. (I crept home like I had been beaten with sticks.)  The drug could have had opened my cervix just enough to let the plug drop out:  it came out totally clean and rather solid-looking and pure white, like shortening, so it wasn't the classic "bloody show."   But no matter what, I have to admit the baby is coming soon.  :)  Thank you all for your wishes, (and the advice about the baths.  After that test, I need them now more than ever!) --  Annie
Hopefully it will be soon!

You don't need to worry about bathing until your water breaks.  It's a good way to relax during labor.