Maternal & Child Community
When to BD?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

When to BD?

So, last month was unsuccessful and I really didn't try as hard as possible but I am hoping this is the month. Dh, dd and I went away and we are both now very relaxed. I got AF on June 24th and lasted about 5 days. DH and I bd for fun  on the 30th of June an dJuly 1st. I am veyr regular (28 days) but when would be a good time to bd? I am always unsure of wen I ovulate. Help!
if you are a very regular 28 days then you want to start like CD11 but you should O on CD14.  Ovulation happens about 2 weeks before the next cycle begins!  Good luck!
I was told to bd every other day from day 8 to when you get your LH surge, then to bd 3 additional days.

Good luck!
It would help to know if you ovulate on the dot at 14 days or if you are early, so why not get an ovulation test kit and test your cycle?  Nobody can tell you when the best time to BD is if your ovulation date is unknown.  This month, you could try BD-ing every other day or every three days for the first half of your cycle.  But to be sure, get that test kit and know when your best chances are.  Good luck!
OPK tests are a good thing to get, I didn't know that I O'ed late.  I O on day 17. However, I still bd from day 8 every other day.  
i always go to baby hopes and use there ovulation perdictor...its free and has worked for me!
You just type in your first day of AF and how many days your cycle is and hit go>>>and it will tell you the best days to bd and when a test might work and when your due date is if you get prego!
Good luck
what temp or raise in temp will tell me before I ovulate?
I hate to be graphic, but just curious

#1 Has anyone ever conceived 1-3 days right after finishing AF?

#2 Has anyone ever had pregnancy symptoms before getting a BFP such as diarrhea and an upper GI burning sensation almost like heartburn but not?

#3 Is it true that once you see the EWCM that you have alreayd ovulated and its too late?
i think for everyone the temps are a little different. usually people bbt for a few months to figure out there schedule and numbers - i personally don't have the patience or head for bbting. i've tried it a little bit, but get frustrated and confused with all the numbers. last month i checked numbers after ovulation to see if could tell if got pregnant - numbers are supposed to stay raised - they stayed in 98's up until i got af - so really didn't tell me too much. i would suggest that you do the opks - a little easier to read and figure out and don't need to keep track of #'s - just tellse you 48-72 hour window pre-ovulation. i don't really know how they work -i think i tried it once or twice a long time ago, but have since then just been going to my dr. to be monitored and he tells me when good timing is. i would say that if you do the opks - from time says lh surge bd that night, then skip a night, then next night bd, and then skip, and so on. i'm probably not the best source though to be telling you about all this cuz really i just go to my dr. and follow "orders". good luck though and hope this month is your month.
I've found the most accurate way to find out when and if you O is to chart your bbt.  I know you've probably heard that a dozen times but it's the only way to really confirm it.  I've found it to give me a piece of mind to know that I did in fact ovulate.  Of course in addition to this, you could also use the OPK's to let you know when your LH surge occurs.  The one problem with bbt'ing is that it only detects that you've already o'd.  You need to catch it before.  Bd'ing every other day should cover your bases too if your DH has plenty of healthy swimmers!  Good luck!
This month i am going to try the "Sperm meets egg plan" My husband is thrilled... because the bd'ing department is quite busy. Look it up on a search engine... it involves using ovulation predictor sticks and alot of SEX! Good luck to you TTC