Maternal & Child Community
When to change bottle nipples?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

When to change bottle nipples?

My baby is 3 months old, when should I switch to stage II nipples?  I noticed lately that she cries sometimes in the middle of feeding.  I originally thought it was gas but once burped she continued even after she was given the bottle again.  Do you think the milk is coming too slow for her now?

The think that confuses me is every once in a while she'll gag on the milk when she gets towards the end and she gets lazy.  Do you think switching to a bigger nipple will make that worse?
Tags: maternal, Baby
It depends whta kind of bottles you are using. I am using Avent bottles and according to their website the stage 1 nipples are only good for the first month. I would look up the website for you bottles and see what it says.
Avatar n tn
do i suppose to change the nipples when they start cracking?