Maternal & Child Community
When to stop having sex while pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

When to stop having sex while pregnant

When should my husband and I stop having sex I'm currently 34 weeks pregnant...
As long as your bag of waters is intact and the doc has not given a reason to stop, you should be able to safely continue having sex right up until delivery.

Andi
I dont think you should stop at all.  I had sex the day before I gave birth and I think it made it easier.  I went to the e.r. at 10pm the next day I was already 6 1/2 cm dialeted and had my son 2 hours later.  I didn't have to get any drugs or any stitches.  Everyone said I was lucky with that being my first child.  The doctor told me to have sex all the way up until.
As long as  you have a normal pregnancy and it's not high risk or the Dr has said to quit then there's no need. I'm 31 weeks and we still do it. Actually, my Dh wasn't wanting to a few weeks back for fear of hurting the little one but he got over that now! So, as long as everything is well with you and baby enjoy! :)
I also had sex up to the day of my delivery. Unless the Dr said you should postpone sex because of a medical condition, then there is no reason to stop.