Maternal & Child Community
When will I start to show or even feel baby bump? /open forum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi.  I am 12 weeks & 5 days pregnant.  I'm still wearing my regular clothes although they are feeling a bit snug these days.  But am I abnormal or should I be showing by now.  I'm a little chubby, size 12 so that might affect it.  But why cant I feel or see a difference yet? I think that when I lay down my tummy right above my pubic area feels a little "puffier" but that's about it.  Anyone out there going through this?  I know its kinda stupid but, I'm starting to worry.  It looks like I've gained weight (which I have) but doesnt look like i'm pregnant.

Also, the Dr. told me that I had a flipped/tipped  uterus.  Do you think this affects how I am carrying the baby?
i didnt start showing until 25 weeks so dont worry.  :)  I am still told on a daily basis that i dont Look pregnant..
I felt a few movemnts here and there (i think at 14 weeks) this is my 8th pregnancy,But for sure I felt him at 16 weeks now at 20 weeks I do feel him daily. As far as showing goes I was so bloated at 12 weeks I looked the same as I do now at 20 weeks the difference is that the belly is actually from the baby, Good luck and congrats, I have been wearing maternity since 12 weeks
Just wanted to add something instead of using up another post.  I dont have my Anatomy screening until I'm 21 weeks.  Am I the only one who has to wait that long?  SOme wome on here find out during their 16th week!?
i had my anatomy scan at 21 weeks as well..  It is so cool to see this little "person" on the screen.  Just think.. you will be getting a clearer picture of your little one then those who go at 16 weeks... :)
Gosh I think I will be climbing the walls. When did you start to feel your baby move?  I'm in an awckward state right now because, I am 12 wks 5dys and of course I dont feel anything yet.  And for the most part, some of my pregnancy symptoms have subside (tiredness, mornings sickness). So sometimes I feel normal again.  Like i'm my old self (just a few pounds heavier).  It makes me paranoid.  I just hope I feel him soon because I dont like this, back to normal feeling.
I didn't start showing until the 5-6th month. I'm now over 7 1/2 and am much much bigger, frustrated because my clothes are very uncomfortable and it's a bit more difficult to breathe. Don't worry about packing on the pounds just yet, because soon enough, you will!
Wow!  We are pretty close, I am 12 weeks 6 days!!  I had a Dr. appt., on Fri. and have only gained 3 pounds, for the most part I am still in my regular clothes as well, sometimes I think I see a definite bump but I think it changes sizes.Smaller in the morning and bigger at night. (I am guessing b/c of bloating and constipation).  Don't worry, I am sure everything is fine.
I started showing at 13 weeks and felt kicks at exactly 17 weeks.  It's usually later for first time moms.  You can expect to feel movements between 16 to 20 weeks, and would show between 3 to 5 months depending on your body.  Usually, if your body is thinner, you would show earlier.
i felt nothing at all till very recently, 20 weeks. last few days i can feel my stomach bubbling, sort of, and felt a few bumps that might have been kicks the last few nights. still wearing normal clothes but i tend toward baggy styles (and pants are more comfortable unbuttoned)
i felt flutters starting at 14 weeks and definate kicks around 17-18 weeks.. i dont remember exactly.  My first remembered kick was the swift one i got to my cervix one day.. HAHA.  that was fun.  
Time has flown by for me and i was anxious to see my boy but somehow i made it.  :)  Now i am just waiting to meet him.  10 more weeks.. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  you will see.. time will fly by and you will look back and wonder .. what the heck?
With my first I didn't even get into maternity clothes till 7 months, never even looked pregnant and then one day I popped.  You don't show as fast the first time around.  With this one I got bloated too and had a bit of a belly around 9 weeks.  Now at 17 weeks 5 days I have a bit of a belly, but not enough for maternity clothes.  It looks huge to me without any clothes on, but when I get dressed have a bit of a beer gut, but don't look pregnant yet.  I have a really tipped uterus too, I don't think that matters, but mine tipped on my bladder and it got pretty uncomfortable, lots of burning and pain form spasms.  Not too common though, but if it happens, you would know.  As for baby moving, it's still pretty early, I felt this one just shy of 14 weeks, but not too strong, my first right at 16 weeks.  Anything is possible, should be soon, just lay down in the evening after you eat, it really helps!
hi i'm 21 weeks prego and i just started feeling movement and i usually only feel it about once a day. every women is different if you are heavyier you probly won't feel it a soon as a really skinny person and also my friend is pregnant. she is heavier than me and i look extremly pregnant while she doesn't even look preg at all. so i think it depends on the person. give yourself some time at 12 weeks your still very early to be showing or feeling movement. when i was 12 weeks my dr couldn't even get a heartbeat yet. so hang in there another month or two im sure you will notice. the first movement is so amazing. best of luck to you and congrats.
Hi. Is this your first pregnancy? Its my first and Im 22 weeks now. I felt little popping sensations in my tum around 15 weeks then at 17 weeks, I felt my first flutter! It was such a defined feeling. Then at 19 weeks, I felt my first kick. Since then, I get mostly small little bumps-at first I just felt them during the night when I was still but now I feel them during the day too. My Husband felt his first kick a few weeks ago but it was luck that it was a big enough boot for him to feel. Don't worry newbie2b, I've been told that you don't feel movement until between 18 and 22 weeks so give it a few more weeks.
As soon as I hit 12 weeks, I too felt normal again. No more queasiness re:smelly foods, more energy-this is normal (and a really good thing) am told. My belly is bigger but some days its like it shrinks back to how it was prior to pregnancy and I don't feel pregnant at all. You sound like you're going through what I went/am going through. With first time pregnancies, the bump comes a bit later (am told) so don't worry. Your bump will come. I had the puffiness too at your stage. Can anyone tell me why the bump comes and goes? Is it the baby changing positions??
Im round about 6  and a half weeks pregnant and by belly and just above the pubic area feels really tight and solid. Is this the baby or just bloating? First time for me and i know nothing! x
Hi, I'm a first timer whose 6 weeks and I'm going through the same thing that you're going through Clara_K and then sometimes it goes back to feeling normal as if I'm not pregnant. What's that all about?
yeah i really hope im not pregnant..but i feel thin tiny bump right to the right of my belly button and if i were to be pregnant i would be like 3-4 weeks...hopefully im just being crazy even though a weed ago i was throwin up for 3 days straight and my breasts are getting bigger...im just hoping my period comes cuz it was supposed to come last week
I am in my 7th week , but no signs of pregnancy(fatigue, morning sickness) nothing at all. I am eating normaly and hardly feel any difference. I am scared if this is normal or something wrong or am just lucky. Any comments?
some women don't feel any all way through but for me alot of my symptoms came on at around 8 weeks
i'm 4 weeks and i have HORRIBLE morning sickness. i'm a bigger woman and i was wondering when i would show i've heard bigger woman show sooner is this true?
No I wouldn't say that's true slimmer people show sooner, my friend was a size 20 and even at full term you couldn't tell she was pregnant
well im 23 weeks pregnant and only people that ive known my whole life can tell im pregnant but no one else really can tell. And as for skinnier people show more its not true because i was a size 8 before and you can hardly tel on me i think its true that bigger people start showing more. I have gone up 2 sizes but it just looks like ive put normal wieght on apart from when im laid down i think one day its just going to all come and ill be shocked. Anyway people who say skinnier people show first its not true im a primary example of that lol i think every single individual is totally different it dunt go on wieght or anything it just goes on how your body is taking to it. x
Just throwing this out there I'm 15 and might b prego.... anyone have any suggestions on what I should do with the baby if I am? I have been up all night and the only one who knows is my bestfriend.... I'm scared and I need advice... anyone want to help me?
YOU ARE VERY LUCKY,CAUSE RIGHT NOW I AM ON MY SECOND PREGNANCY,I'M ONLY 4 DAYS BEING PREGNANT I HAVE ALL THE SICKNESS AND A BABY BUMP ON TOP OF IT.
Well depends on how u feel about. It I had. My first. At. 16 and second. By 18 so just give. It some. Time. To think. About. It and. You'll. Know what to do. Good luck
It must be quite scary but you need to have it confirmed if you haven't already. You can either go to your Doctor who will test you confidentially and for free or you can go to your local chemist/supermarket and buy a testing kit. The cheap ones do exactly the same as the expensive ones. I bought a pack of 2 for less than £5!
Once you've done the test and it is positive then you have a lot of decisions to make, telling the Dad/your Parents would be a great place to start.
My sister got pregnant at 15 years old I thought my parents would have gone mad but after the shock of it all they were incredibly supportive. I'm 33 now and I am getting all the same treatment.
I think what i'm saying is although you may be really scared of doing it, they will probably suprise you!
i need help im 15  me and my bf had sex caus wre got drunk on my b day 2 days ago he had sex 11 times in the two days and every single time he *** in me am i  gona be pregnant if so what should i do :(
is it normal to be vomiting at only 4 weeks ????