Maternal & Child Community
When will my sex drive come back????? PLEASE HELP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Good morning Ladies, I am 15 weeks today, and before I got pregnant I have a very very high sex drive, and not its gone!! What happened? I am lucky to even have sex once a week let alone everyday? When will it come back? Will it come back? I am very nervous because there is an problem for everything, like my stomach may be cramping or something to that nature. Nothing serious. But when will it come back, I am not in the second trimester and I heard this is suppose to be the best. At least I hope so..

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
W/ my first pregnancy, I had very little drive until  I got to 21-25 weeks, aroung the time I started to get a little bump...I remember looking down and thinking how weird it is too see that while you are ''doing it''..W/ this pregnancy, my drive has pretty much stayed even keel..we slowed down the first 7-8 weeks, because I was so very sick at night. Now were are probably doing it 2-3 times a week on average, and it has never been better! We got some books on different techniques and positions, to keep sex during pregnancy interesting, and it has helped us keep it alive..But I figured even if we don't ''do it'' much during my pregnancy, DH should be happy w/ all he got when we were trying to get pregnant,lol.

Every women is different, but I think Sex drive should return soon into the second trimester, but I wouldn't worry...If everyone is doing ok, and not complaining, things will happen naturally...Good luck, try to find some good books, it may help, finding some new things to try..
It has to be different for every woman.  Sorry if TMI, but I can't get enough these days and I'm in my 26th week.  Try a few things to spice up things in the bedroom that you might like, don't be afraid to go to an adult store and perhaps find a romantic game for you and your DH to play (there are some very tasteful ones out there).  Spend a romantic evening, or perhaps suggest a long evening of foreplay and just "touching" where the two of you just caress one another (shoulders, hips, legs, etc).
Hi everyone, MY boobs are also getting bigger, and sorry Tmi, I have no
feeling for sex at all, before this situation I was a sexaholic, now I
cannot even bear my hubby feeling up my breast, he loves to feel my
breast, and he is wondering if I have no feelings for him, he thinks I
do not love him anymore, it is so crazy to explain it to him, last
night I made him feel underneath my tummy, and it feels very hard, tell
me how can I get back in the mood for love, I do not even want to kiss
either, I am afraid my husband will feel left out.

i'm almost 28 weeks, and still have no desire. i'm waiting for it to resurface, cause i sure did have a lot of fun trying to make this baby!!!
Hi there , my hubby is the problem in my case !!!! He is so scared of hurting me or the baby he cant really get in to things unless he's "really " horny !!! Which is usually about once a week now . And i am the same as some of the above posters , i cannot get enough !!!!!! I am 22 weeks and feel great ! But, he is getting better the past few weeks but it was almost ridiculous at the beginning ..at crucial "moments " he would think of the baby and he would lose his "train" of thought , if you know what i mean !! NIGHTMARE!!    But i do have to say even though its only around once a week now , it feels so much more intense ....or something ? And its like we both enjoy each other much more than before ???? I dont know .......! But im sure your sex life will return soon enough , especially if you were that active before . I did want to say also , to whoever mentioned the kissing thing ?? the same thing has happened to me , when we are just lazing around and stuff and he tries to kiss me (i mean really kiss ) i get a funny feeling in my tummy like i dont want to ????Its weird , i can only get in to a good snogging session when we make love for some reason !!!!?? Other than that im not liking it ........anyone else ? xxxxxxtake care and good luck
p.s think sexy thoughts ladies !!
whats a sex drive..... ???? ;o)
Same thing here.  I wrote a post not too long ago.  I am 15 weeks and still waiting for my sex drive to come back.  We had sex about a week ago and it was really good but I really have no desire.  We can go 2 weeks without sex and I just feel so bad for my fiance.  He's been really good about it.  At the beginning he used to get so mad at me but now, he's adjusted and he doesn't even pressure me.  Hey, I'm carrying is child, so he better not bug me.  LOL.  I think it comes back slowly.  Mine is somewhat coming back but not the way it used to be :(
hi
im almost 18 weeks and well i have no sex drive.  the last time a have sex was 3 weeks ago but only because i felt bad for my husband. it doesnt even feel good anymore. we have tired everything to get me in "the mood". my poor husband tired for an hour but still i wasnt in "the mood". before i wanted it everyday and two times on sat. and  i was the one begging for it, now i dont even want to be touched or even snuggle in bed. its been like this since i was 9 weeks pregnant. hopefully it will come back soon.
This is what my wife has been going thru and its killing meeeeee! We never had it often to begin.with, around once a week, and now once a month... Makes a man feel like he made a bad decision especially after.working so.hard and coming home to zero.comfort ~Joe Robert