Where do you get a childs pillow?
This is probably a dumb question, but where can I find a small hard pillow?  Ethan will be going to daycare next week.  He is only 1 but they suggested bringing a pillow for him.  I dont think I will bring it in right away since he doesnt use one at home (and he is ONLY one), but I wanted to have it for back up incase he doesnt want to sleep on those mats they have or he sees the other kids sleeping with theirs.
Ikea has some nice toddler pillows...You should also check Target. Good luck!
I had the same problem - couldn't find a pillow for DD - ended up taking one of the small rectangle accent pillows for the sofa and wrapping it in a pillow case... Who'd a thunk that Wal-Mart or Target doesn't sell mini pillows?!?!
I, too, bought one of the small, rectangular accent pillows at a craft store.  I then sewed (and I'm not a seamstress!) a case with some very soft and cute brushed flannel.
got mine at ikea too. it's not hard, but it's so light and breathable i feel it is safe for a toddler.
Haha, so I am glad I asked.  We dont have a Ikea near by, so I am SOL on that one.  An accent pillow is what I was thinking, but then I also didnt want my kid to be the odd ball!  LOL.

Is it this pillow???
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/72897210
It says Crib pillow.

I just got a sewing machine for X-mas...so maybe I can make one myself?!?!  
****Thinks to self, do I even know how to sew???*****
I have a machine, but I can't remember how to thread it!  I hand-sewed the pillow case...did the same for my daughter 3 years ago and she STILL uses that pillow in the car :)  

You can do it!!!!
Oh, I can hand-sew!  
My machine is still sitting in the box, and I am going to have to have my mom set it up for me.  Last time I sewed with a machine was in highschool Home Economics....that was 13 years ago!  Yikes.  I hope it is like riding a bike.
I bought a travel pillow from Walmart for my daughter.  They even had cute little travel pillow cases for them!  :)  
One Step Ahead sells small child sized pillows

I would question your preschool though on the state regulations for an infant sleeping area - in Nevada - any child under eighteen months is required to be in a cribl and may NOT have stuffed animals, pillows, etc in their crib

Any preschool should respect your wishes to your child sleeping with or without a pillow