Maternal & Child Community
Where's the baby?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Where's the baby?

I went to the doctor January 5,2010 I was bleeding and thought I was miscarring my baby. I had spotted a little bit before this but was told it was nothing by my mother in law. When I go to the doctor they give me an ultra sound and a blood test. The ultra sound indicated i was 5-6 weeks pregnant when I was thought to be 9 weeks, so that confused me. Then they said they saw no heart beat but the baby was too little and the blood work would tell more. That gave me hope. I had another appointment that friday and well the ultra sound looked the same but my  pregnancy hormone level went up from 18,000 to 21,000 so the doctor said that was good. I was happy and he said come back monday which is today. Jan.11,2010 and I went and did the whole thing all again. Ultra sound still looked the same as a week ago, so the ultra tech said not good, yet the hormone count was 26,000 not going up a whole lot but still going up. Also I have quit bleeding the yolk sac is there and all and looking healthy so my question is has this happend to ayone and they had the baby live. I have 3 now and i was suposed to wait 18 months but it happend sooner. is it possible the baby will grow. I have to go back next monday for the whole thing again. Please answer and please pray for me.
I will pray for you.  Did they do a vaginal scan?  The doc couldn't see my baby at 5 weeks.  I was in hell waiting for the results for two weeks.  They didn't see it until I was between 7-8 weeks.  I'm 28 weeks and so far so good.   When I thought I was 7 weeks they said I was 5.  The doc said I ovulated late and the fertilized egg may have been hanging around for a while.