Maternal & Child Community
White Discharge in my Baby Girl?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

White Discharge in my Baby Girl?

Is it normal for baby girls to have white discharge?  My daughter is just over 3 months old (but was born 10 weeks early, so she's still newborn size) and had always had a little whitish discharge when I change her diaper or bathe her.  I've heard it's normal for the first few days of life, but is this something I should be worried about?  She has no other symptoms at all.  Thanks.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I was wondering that this morning when I changed my daughters diaper. She will be 4 weeks on WEd. She had a little in the first few days of life, but I was wondering if it is normal this late as well...hopefully someone will respond!
Blank
270405_tn?1293039221
Yes, this is normal.  I have 2 girls, and they both have/had this.  Just gently clean her, but don't scrub hard or anything to get rid of it.  The only time you would have to worry is if it started to smell bad.  You have to clean inside all of those crevices anyway to remove stool, so as long as you are doing that, its fine!
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
They told me at the hospital it was hormones and perfectly normal.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...