White coating in babies mouth???
My four week old son has a white coating in his mouth, it's been there for a couple of days.  I don't think it is thrush as it isn't in the sides, roof of his mouth or on the inside of his lips. Also it isn't in patches and when i wiped a little bit away it did not look sore underneath and there wasn't any bleeding.

If it is milk residue, it's quite thick, should i try and get it off with something or leave it as it is? Has anyone else had this with their babies? Obviously i can't phone the doc untill tomorrow because it's the weekend. Any ideas?? Also he is feeding fine and doesn't seem irritated by it.
Sounds like Thrush to me (basically a yeast infection).  For this you would need a perscription for an antifungal.  My sisters baby had it last summer.  She also got it on her BBs since she was breastfeeding.   They both had to be treated.  It's very common.
It could be thrush. Considering its been present for a few days now. It doesnt have to be accompanied by sores, or pain. It could be the early stages of it. But the longer you wait, the worse it'll get. Thats when all the sores, and irritation comes in. There's an antifungal suspension called Nystatin that the Dr may prescribe. It clears it up very fast.
It definately sounds like thrush, after he is treated and it all the thrush has gone away. I use to take  a clean baby washcloth with plain water and gently wipe out the baby mouth.  I tried to do it after each feeding. And every now and then i would try to get the baby to drink alittle water.  But i know sometimes giving the baby alittle water is discouraged but check with you doctor about it.
I have a homeopathic doc and he says as long as baby doesnt seem irritated and ur breasts arent infected dont worry about it. If it is thrush it doesnt sound bad so if u would rather not do the meds try Gentian Violet. U can get it at Walgreens. Its a purple liquid that u put in babys mouth or on ur nipples if need be. Dip a q-tip in it and let baby suck for a few seconds then nurse. It can be messy and will stain clothing so undress baby for that feeding or put on something old or already stained. Do it for 3 days then take a break and see how u and baby feel. It will stain babys mouth but it will fade. U can use vasaline on babys lips to keep from staining. Good Luck =)
Thank you everyone for your comments, unfortunately i'm in the UK so we don't have a walgreens, but i will take all your advice and will definately be ringing the doctor first thing tomorrow morning before it gets any worse.