Who are YOU; (besides a great mommy!)
Sometimes I like to remember that I was a "person" (lol)  before I had children.

I am: a pianist, a poet, an avid reader, a romantic, a nature lover, a good cook, a good friend who listens, a person who likes to walk, and a clean and organized person.

WHO are YOU?
LOL - funny you write this... We are in the steps of adoption and we had to put a photobook together... I realized that all the pictures were of Zeva (DD)... It was supposed to be mainly about DH and myself... Funny, I think of us as her, not us as individuals... So here goes...

I am sometimes a control-freak, a great cook, a good listener, a loud mouth, a spontaneous person, compassionate, talkative, an 8+ hour sleeper, a dog person, a shoe-aholic, sometimes lazy... what else? lol
I am a loyal friend, a comedian, a good cook, an optimist, a violinist, an artist, a scrapbooker, a photographer, a traveler, a tennis player, a scientist at heart, a person who is very detail orientated and an OCD clean freak.

And I'm a shoe-aholic too! ;)
I am a singer, good cook, perfectionist, thoughtful, spontaneous, nature lover, animal lover (to the max, especially cats). I think sleep is a waste of time and wish I didn't have to do it. I get restless easy if I'm understimulated. I love to have fun and LOVE family events. I believe in karma. Music is an absolute must in my life. I'm a control freak also. If everyone in my house had the same expectations for themselves as I do for my own self, it would be ideal (LOL)! I pay my bills on time and am anal about being responsible and doing the right thing. My feelings get hurt easily but many times I hold that in. I'm insecure about my body, but trying to learn to accept me for who I am. That is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do! Oh, I'm sometimes lazy too. I love sitting around in my sweats watching movies with my loved ones! Food is my #1 enemy. If I could figure out how to be able to eat whatever, whenever, I WOULD. (:
I love your post.  I think I've lost myself lately....this makes me think about who I really am and if I need to make some changes in my life.
I am a poet & writer, a dancer & singer (in the privacy of my home), reader, lover of science, pastor's wife, clean freak, antique collector, and MANY more!

Love this post. Very sweet!
This is a great post!  It made me think. :)  I think I'm still "coming into myself" but here's who I was:

Traveler, avid reader, animal (mostly dog) lover, laid back (read:lazy), but some what outgoing (likes to learn & try new things/places), summer person, bargain hunter, lots of sleep needer, aspiring writer, salsa dancing, freedom loving geek :)

In a nutshell anyhow!
Awesome post.  
I am: a soprts fan, avid reader, cross stitcher, dog lover, good cook, insecure about my body too, a devoted christian, family girl, motorcycle rider (passanger of course:), fisherwoman, and most of all a MOM.  LOL
Geesh, I can't even remember.  

I'm a honest and loyal friend, a faithful and devoted fiance, a clown, love to go dancing, family oriented, animal lover, hard worker and patient mother.
great post!!

I am stubborn, nature lover (camping and cottaging is my all time favorite thing to do) animal lover, emotional, sarcastic, loyal companion, family is important to me, journal keeper, music is a must, easy going, hard worker, ............. gee it sure makes you think!
lol
I am an animal activist, a native american, a hockey fan, an auntie, an x-files guru, a traveler, a volunteer, a devoted Christian, a vegetarian, an environmentalist, an OC neat freak, a reader, a chef, and a loyal friend
I am a Christian, a devoted and loyal friend, extremely clumsy (I can trip and fall while standing still), goofy, a major animal lover, an owner of multiple species of pets, horse-crazy and a horseback rider (English hunter-jumper preference), outdoorsy and a nature-lover, adventurous yet somehow with a fear of taking risks, a tomboy, a taekwondo martial artist, very family oriented, frugal, a dedicated employee, a writer, a literary geek, a perfectionist, a news junkie, extroverted and able to make friends with almost anybody, compassionate, patient, non-confrontational and easy-going (most of the time), a college graduate, a homeowner, optimistic, and insecure about my body as well.

And of course, most importantly, my son's mommy!
Just wanted to say - it's nice to see 'what I was and what I am still'....but all of it pales in comparison to being called Mommy....

OK I am............A wonderful friend, avid reader(when I have time), mostly lazy but I keep my house clean:), GREAT wife, good cook, generally like animals( except bugs and worms!) down to earth, very easy to please, good dancer ( me and the baby really boogy at home), food lover:), and I can never get of sleep. Even though this describes me, I really feel that being Amelia's mommy makes me a better.... well ME.
haha well ill give it a try

good wife, LAKER and celtic fan...so im in a pickle tonight lol (more laker then celtic), perfectionist, great student sometimes to a fault, bad cook and bad dancer ;) clean-aholic (even though you couldnt tell by the look of my house most days) people pleaser, scary movie lover, reader (mystery books) right fighter..probably my least fav quality... love to swim and hate to fold tiny baby clothes (hense what im in the middle of at the moment)
I love this post! Its a wonderful ideal....

I am a great friend, loving wife, singer (in my car), movie lover, scrapbooker, photographer, great housekeeper, flip flop lover,  beautician in my spare time, love to have family and friends get together for cookouts and dinners, love to decorate homes (use to sale Home Interior) I enjoy working in the yard and being outside, really like to go floating the river in a raft or canoe... I like the raft better though, picture fanatic LOL my husband tells me I have tooo many pictures, love to text message on my phone, love to travel, and I am a football and baseball fan!

This was fun... made me think about all the things I love to do in my life and things I enjoy! I am sure there is soo much more but I have to get ready for bed! LOL! thanks for posting this!
Great post. Hits a nerve. The second my son "came out" I thought: this is the end of me, and the beginning of him. And it is exciting that way. But I never imagined I would have 360 bad hair days per year and hardly ever read a newspaper anymore.
Deep down, the explorer, the photographer, the technical solution enthusiast, the focused person, the skater and the short story writer, the silly person rolling on the floor in laughter, the workaholic - the real me, is still there but facetted with all the "responsible" behavior a parent needs to provide. There is no way to restore the old life but an exciting path ahead to mix the old and new. A toast to every parent who has lost and found themselves along the way!
wow, its hard to remember who i am besides a mother. i am a poet, artist, great dancer :), a loyal friend, a family person,  a very giving person, a christian, good lover :)
i have a great humor and am normally very clowney, very responsible and loving. i dotn have patience though. lol. this is a fun post. thank you for posting it. its hard to remember what i used to like and what i used to do. right now, i am just 3weeks from popping! too pregnant to be any of the above. God bless you all.
im a singer , student good friend an aunt a girl who likes to get dress up and put makeup on
I REALLY LOVED reading about you guys. And Deanne, I agree---the BEST thing I am is Mommy, and I wasn't trying to diminish it at all, just wanting to point out that we are all unique individuals with talents and desires that get lost sometimes.

The reason why I posted this, is I walked past my piano which I havent played for MONTHS, and actually said to myself, "Oh Ya!! I play the piano! Pretty dang good too!!!!"   I actually kinda forgot!!
And I realized that its easy to forget who I AM. Besides Mommy. Which is obviously VERY important and wonderful.....but its just nice to remember ME too. :)
I'm just tired!!
CYW
wow you forget sometimes..

I am a friend, a daughter, loyal, honest, intelligent, creative, honoring, truthful, patient, loving, independent, empathetic, genuine, kind, organized(for the most part), good cook

and of course a mom i could go on BUT...I gotta go my baby needs me:)