Why increased pain and contractions at night vs daytime?
Has anyone experienced this or know why this is? More activity with lower pressure and pain, cramps, and mild contractions always dinner time and at night when I'm trying to sleep, which wakes me up a lot making me think I'm going into labor, but then all passes by morning and daytime. I'm now overdue at week 41. Don't know if when I'm lying down things tend to increase or why at dinnertime though lunch time I'm fine?
Is this your least active part of the day? I know whenever I'm relaxing/ trying to sleep, this little guy won't stop moving or pushing his head down (which gives me the pressure). But if I'm standing, whether I'm moving around or simply just standing talking on the phone it's not that noticable. Plus now I've started waking up a few times during the night because of pains and discomforts, but never get it as bad during the day
my doc told me it was being in the same position and being dehydrated at night

I was getting regular contractions at night - I woudl lay there and time them for hours when they went down to nine minutes apart I got up to pack my bag and they slowed down
well that happened four or five nights - the only good thing is that contractions dilate your cervix
Makes sense for nighttime when lying still but I'm still confused about dinner time -- that is, things seem to get active around 5 pm or so and continue throughout the night with worsening when sleeping. Whereas during the day, if I lie down to rest b/c of pain then things quiet down in that position. Who knows...I'm now in week 41 so guess not much time left one way or another. Best to you both!
Our antepartum patients contract far more often at night, too.  
Great question!  I've started contracting on Saturday, and they are always worse at night and more frequent!  I'm 40w3d today and thankfully I have an appt today to see where I am...  Thanks for posting this!
I have been having a really painful chest pain for about 1 week now.  It is so painful it wakes me up around 3:00am every morning.  One day last week it was bad I had to go to the emergency!  they tested everything, nothing wrong with the heart or lungs.  I have a perfect heart, no lung problems,

It hurts like hell, and the contractions come on every 2 minutes or so, as if I'm in labour.  I'm not, I'm a man.  I'm getting a bit concerned because knowone seems to be able to tell me what's wrong!  
Help!
Alan