Maternal & Child Community
Will my biracial babies eyes stay bluish?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Will my biracial babies eyes stay bluish?

I am white and my 5 week old daughter's father is form puerto rico. Currently her eyes are blue with a tad bit of grey. My son is also half hispanic but he was born with dark eyes and are brown. I'm just curious... what are the chances of my daughter's eyes staying blue? I have dark brown hair and brown eyes as well.

Thanks! :)
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
No guarantees.  If you have a recessive gene for blue eyes (despite your brown eyes, if you inherited the gene from a relative further up the line), there is a possibility that your daughter's blue eyes will stay blue.  But lots of babies are born with blue eyes and then they turn brown.  I've got a blue-eyed dad and a brown-eyed mom who had a blue-eyed mom.  They had 5 kids, whose eyes go:  brown, blue, brown, blue, brown.  No hazel or green or bluish grey in the bunch.
Blank
Thanks for responding! :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979