Maternal & Child Community
Will you always have symptoms before miscarraige(miscarriage)?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 14 wks. preg. with my first.  I have a low progesterone level and was having mild cramping with no bleeding so my doc. put me on medication to raise my progesterone level.  I have read that you can still have a miscarraige (miscarriage) after the first 3 months of pregnancy and I get very nervous that this may happen to me.  Do you always have symptoms before a miscarraige (miscarriage) happens?  If so, what would they be?  I know I shouldn't worry unless I have a good reason too, but it is hard.  This is my first and I don't really know what to expect.
As far along as you are, you will most likely have some sort of symptoms. Cramping at this stage isn't uncommon as your uterus is growing so much! Be weary of "period" type cramping that doesn't go away with rest and definitely look for spotting. Once you start to feel your baby move, it will get easier to tell if there is a problem. If you truly have a concern, ask your doctor to listen to the heartbeat with the doppler at your next visit!

Andrea
I honestly had no symptoms (other than an instinctual feeling from day one that something wasn't right) before I miscarried.  However, you are fairly far along, getting medical attention for your low progesterone and cramping is a very normal pregnancy symptom.  It is only when the cramping is associated with bleeding that there is cause for real worry.  As hard as it is I would try not to worry so much- it sounds like you are really okay.  Good luck! Annie
How long did it take before the tissue actually came out? I might be having a miscarriage, but no cramping or bleeding just yet, however I truly believe that I was just misdiagnosed.
My symptoms for this pg started on June 13 (6w5d LMP) with a vague feeling something wasn't right. The spotting started on 6/20 and I finally completed the m/c 7/5. But with my 3rd m/c, I spotted very lightly for 2 weeks and then found out the baby stopped developing. Another week passed, d&c scheduled and then the night before the d&c I hemorraged. A natural m/c can takes a day to 3 weeks to complete. Always talk to your doctor if you suspect a pending m/c as they will need to see if it is "complete"

Andrea
The thing is that I was only six weeks and had not yet had an u/s.     I started bleeding and cramping and then got the u/s- it looked like the baby had stopped developing about two weeks before the bleeding started.  So, for those two weeks I didn't have any symptoms.  However, once the bleeding started I spotted for about 3 days, passed tissue on day four and then bled (about like a period) for another week.  That was it. Other than the day I passed the tissue it was nearly painless.  It was much more emotionally traumatic than physically.
Thank you for your comments.  You have made me feel a little better.  I just had a dr. visit and they listened to the heart beat, which was around 157.  They say the baby seem to be in good health and right now no signs of complications.  I go next week to do another blood test to check my progesterone level and thyroid level along with regular tests for abnormalities such as down syndrom (syndrome), cystic Fibrois, etc. I appreciate everyone getting back to me you guys really make me feel at ease with what is going on. :)
I found out I was pregnant Saturday, October 4th, 2003. The blood test, if it is over 5, you are pregnant, and I am at 13. They say I am very early. They say they saw something in the urine, and so they did an US. They wanted to check to see if it was in the uterus, or outside the uterus. Well, the results \
I found out I was pregnant Saturday, October 4th, 2003. They took a blood test and an urine test, came back positive. The blood test, if it is over 5, you are pregnant, and I am at 13. They say I am very early. They say they saw something in the urine, and so they did an US. They wanted to check to see if it was in the uterus, or outside the uterus. Well, the results came back and they said because it is so early, they can't see where the baby is at yet. They said for them not being able to see, I either had a miscarraige (miscarriage) or I am very early in my pregnancy. My last period was August 21st, 2003. I had bad cramps Saturday and when I did the urine sample at the hospital, I noticed I had blood on my underwear. That was the 4th, and today is the 6th, I still bleeding a tiny bit. I got a blood test today again and they said if the number goes down, I had a miscarraige (miscarriage), if it goes up, the pregnancy is continuring. I am very scared, since the pain I had Saturday, I feel fine. The doctors say I can be bleeding when the egg planted inside. I am 19yrs old, married to a 21yr old man, no kids, and we been wanting one since him and I been together. What do you girls think of the chances of having a miscarraige (miscarriage)?
kfkslfksd
I found out I was pregnant Saturday, October 4th, 2003. The blood test, if it is over 5, you are pregnant, and I am at 13. They say I am very early. They say they saw something in the urine, and so they did an US. They wanted to check to see if it was in the uterus, or outside the uterus. Well, the results came back and they said because it is so early, they can't see where the baby is at yet. They said for them not being able to see, I either had a miscarraige (miscarriage) or I am very early in my pregnancy. My last period was August 21st, 2003. I had bad cramps Saturday and when I did the urine sample at the hospital, I noticed I had blood on my underwear. That was the 4th, and today is the 6th, I still bleeding a tiny bit. I got a blood test today again and they said if the number goes down, I had a miscarraige (miscarriage), if it goes up, the pregnancy is continuring. I am very scared, since the pain I had Saturday, I feel fine. The doctors say I can be bleeding when the egg planted inside. I am 19yrs old, married to a 21yr old man, no kids, and we been wanting one since him and I been together. What do you girls think of the chances of having a miscarraige (miscarriage)?
I am sorta worried. I found out I was pregnant Saturday, October 4th, 2003. They took a blood test and an urine test, came back positive. The blood test, if it is over 5, you are pregnant, and I am at 13. They say I am very early. They say they saw something in the urine, and so they did an US. They wanted to check to see if it was in the uterus, or outside the uterus. Well, the results came back and they said because it is so early, they can't see where the baby is at yet. They said for them not being able to see, I either had a miscarraige (miscarriage) or I am very early in my pregnancy. My last period was August 21st, 2003. I had bad cramps Saturday and when I did the urine sample at the hospital, I noticed I had blood on my underwear. That was the 4th, and today is the 6th, I still bleeding a tiny bit. I got a blood test today again and they said if the number goes down, I had a miscarraige (miscarriage), if it goes up, the pregnancy is continuring. I am very scared, since the pain I had Saturday, I feel fine. The doctors say I can be bleeding when the egg planted inside. I am 19yrs old, married to a 21yr old man, no kids, and we been wanting one since him and I been together. What do you girls think of the chances of having a miscarraige (miscarriage)?
At 8 weeks pregnant, i was shocked to find i had a little spot of blood on the tissue, but it was barely there. Then i had mild cramping, but this only lasted about two days of cramping and the blood i had only seen once. Being as though this was my second pregnancy, i automatically new something wasn't right, so i went to the er, and they told that my wbc was high, and that i might just be having a kidney infection. I was happy to hear that, because I found out that i am prone to them. During my next doc's appt., they had told me that my hcg level had dropped real low, there were about 2 more emergency doc appt., when they finally told me that i had miscarried. The worst was that i was made to carry my baby around inside of me dor two extra weeks, until my scheduled d&e was done. So, like they also say everyone's body is different. I hope you the best