Maternal & Child Community
Worried about bleeding and HCG levels.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Worried about bleeding and HCG levels.

I got the results of my blood test on Wednesday (7/05)and it said I was pregnant but my HCG levels were "borderline".  This would put me at 6 weeks pregnant.  On the same day I started bleeding very lightly.. it started out as brown spotting and then it turned red.  I had a dull achy pain in my stomach and occassionally in my back.  They took more blood today to test my HCG levels again to see if they are progressing.  I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has gone through this.  I am pretty sure I am gonna miscarry, but I was wondering if there was any hope for me.  

Thanks.
Well, I feel like there is always hope.  I have had a lot of bleeding and spotting suring this pregnancy, so you never know.  The amount of hCG in your system isn't nearly as important as how quickly it increases.  I hope that everything turns OK for you.  (((HUGS)))
I just went through the same thing.  I was 9w and I started to spot brownish blood, then it turned to red, and became very heavy.  I don't want to scare you and hope you don't go throught the same thing - I ended up having a m/c three days after the spotting started.  I have read many posts on this website where woman have spotted, bleed red blood, passed hugh clots, and still went on to have there babies.  The thing is to get your HCG levels checked and maybe get a u/s.  It may be to early though to see anything.  I will pray for you and hope it all goes well.
I'll tell you my story.  I started bleeding at six weeks.  At first, I passed a very small clot and had a very lightish brown spotting (the color was almost beige).  That was it.  A day later I started bleeding red.  I went in and had my levels checked like you. I had an ultrasound and they could see nothing.  Nothing.  We (my husband and I) were convinced that was it.  The doctor seemed pretty convinced of it too.  I bled nonstop from week six to week 12.  Nonstop.  With lots of bright red blood and lots of clots.  I had four ultrasounds by the time I was 13 weeks.  Also, the baby stopped growing sometime at the start of the bleeding.  The baby measured two weeks behind and my dates were not off (nor did the doctor think they were).  Now I'm just three days behind my original due date (the baby is really trying to catch up growth wise).

I can't tell you how your outcome will turn out, or even mine, but I hope for the best for both of us.  I hope my story was able to give you some hope (I know I've done a lot of research trying to find hope for myself.)

I'm scared every day.  My doctor was not reassuring.  He did his best to make sure that I know that I'm at high risk for miscarrying, and that fear hasn't gone away.  

Right now they want to see your numbers double.  Though,  after the numbers reach 1,200 it takes longer for them to double.  Good luck.
Thanks for your comments.  I just found out that when I went to the lab this morning they used orders from the wrong doctor... and I dont think they drew what my doctor needed.  (Great)  But, your stories are giving me hope, and I am not gonna "doom" mysef to a miscarriage.  :)  But, I do aprreciate and like hearing everyones stories.
You didnt say anything about cramping....I have passed huge clots and bled large amounts intermittently, however, I have never had any cramping whatsoever.  There can be a host of reason why you bleed, the blood vessels around the cervix are swelled right now and may bleed some after intercourse, a low lying placenta, or a small placental bleed, all of these things can be overcome.  If you are not cramping that is an excellent sign in my eyes.  Just to be on the safe side, I would refrain from intercourse right now, until you know more, and take it easy in general, like no heavy lifting, etc.  By the way, I am now 11 weeks and my little one is viable and squirming all over in the u/s. I wish you the very best Tasha!!! and I hope this helps,  Good luck!!!
You never know how things are gonna turn out.  Try and think positive and stay calm, keep in touch with your dr.  I have had 2 m/c one where the bleeding was pretty strong and the other where there was very little blood.  A very good friend bled from week 6-10 and went on to deliver a baby girl.  You never know what the outcome will be.  (((((HUGS)))))
Take it easy for a while.  I will pray for you
i had my tubes put back in nov 17 2005 we stated trying in jan. now iam 6 weeks pregnant and thursday i started bleeding brown stuff when i went to the bathroom. i called my doc and he said to stay in beed till monday and he is going to do a scan then now today im bleeding red and some clods and mild cramping.i call the doc that is on call this weekend and said to still stay in bed till monday please help
I would like to hear the result of your pregnancy. I am experiencing the same thing and freaking myself out. My last period was june 1st took a test prego went to the dr's on monday b/c i started brown discharge and slight pain on my right side. blood work shows low levels, gave me progesterone suppository and today when i pee its bright red my boobs arent sore anymore im scared. i go for more blood work tomorrow and i hope that my levels are doubling...
Hi; hope i will get some closure lmp was may 24 doc told me i was prego start bleeding and cramping July 26 -31. When to the em to a prego test came out possitive u/s empty whomb, empty uterus bhcg 8000 still no sac showing. Took another bhcg #s drops to 1440. do u think tha i might have a miscarige? still hoping for the best. i wonder if i am alone in disavasating matter.