Maternal & Child Community
Worried about low amniotic fluid at 32 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am currently 32 weeks and just had a sonogram, they found out that I had very low amniotic fluid. I was sent to the hospital for a biophysical profile and I got a 10/10 (baby was okay). I had a previous sonogram and that had come out normal. This time, the fluid was so low they were not able to see my baby's face or anything. My question is this, how can I help replenish the amniotic fluid and could I be leaking fluid and not know? or is it pretty obvious when you do leak? I have not had any contractions, the baby moves all the time and I have otherwise had a very normal pregnancy. Please help!
you know, they told me i was out of fluid at 41 wks and induced... when they broke my water, there was TONS of it. did they do the full 2-hour ultrasound on you to determine this?

if you're genuinely low they may want to induce in a few weeks. otherwise i believe if you drink a ton of water, that may help replenish the fluid. they can also check you to see if you're leaking, they do a pelvic exam and swab your cervix to see if there's fluid there.  good luck-
are you scheduled for regular non stress tests now? i would highly recommend it if not. as long as they keep a close eye on baby, they should be able to determine when it will be neccesary to induce labor. and yes sometimes you can leak very small amounts at a time and not notice it. wear a panty line and watch for clear fluid. (water like /not like discharge) good luck and God Bless!
with my first pregnancy they noticed that my amnio was very low and he induced me immediately. the doctor will be able to tell you if there is anything to worry about. you may not even notice if you have a leak... it could be small amounts that started early in the pregnancy.. if you start to notice a decrease in fetal movement, then be concerned.. other than that, just let your doctor do the checkups =-)