Worried
Hi, I am very new to this forum and have been reading a few posts as of late. Well, just last Thursday (9/21) my husband and I found out we were pregnant after 8 years. A little on my background, had a kidney transplant in Nov 2001, has worked great, had never been able to conceive, had consulted with a fertility doctor but never actively persued it except for a test to determine if there were any blockages in my falopian tubes, at this same time we were exploring adoption and started actively preparing to become pre-adoptive parents through our states foster care program so this switched our focus from TTC to becomming parents through adoption, of which we were so lucky to bring home our son at the age of 4 mths July 2005. We have been so blessed. I also was not up to going through fertility treatment after the other medical problems I have experinced. Last Friday my HCG levels were 5329, first day of my LMP was on or about Aug 11/12, my OB scheduled on US for today Tues, 9/26, of which they stated the only saw a yolk sac and no fetal pole. Of course I am having much anxiety. My OB had another HCG level drawn on me today and she called me to say that my levels had risen dramatically, approx 30,000. She also stated that she had hoped to see more on the ultrasound than was seen with this new level. she also said that miscarriage could be a possibility but also that it could also be too soon to see something. I had very small amounts of staining, no cramping, sl uncomfortable occasionally. any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Is it too soon for me to be worried?
I'm taking it that you're only about five weeks along if they saw only a yolk sack- which would be normal for that time. When are you scheduled for another ultrasound?

I hope everything works out for you.
I don't think you have a reason to worry yet. Sometimes they can't see anything at 5 weeks. The hcg's can vary so much too.

They thought I would miscarry my last pregnancy and I have a little 6 month old girl now. I worried myself to death for nothing.

Hang in there. You will know alot more in a few weeks.
Hi, Thanks for responding. I am actually scheduled for another US this Friday. I sort of wish they didn't schedule the US so soon, or I wish I was told that a yolk sac might be the only thing to be seen. I think the fact that my OB mentioned the word miscarriage is was is causing the most anxiety. The funny thing is I know exactly when conception occure, which was 8/29, which is why I don't understand why they count from your LMP. It will be a long 3 days waiting until Friday, and I worry that 3 days won't make much of a difference. I will keep you posted. Thanks for the support.

Charlotte  :)
Yeah, lmp doesnt make sense unless you 'o' on day 14 so if you o'ed on the 29th, that would mean at your u/s last friday (9/22), you were like 5w3-4d (based on 'o' date) and that is early in the pregnancy, your hcg levels sound good, I definitely would not lose hope.  Keep us posted and best of luck!
I just wanted to mention also that if you were only 5 wks last week, this next US may be too soon as well.  I wen t for my US at weeks and all they saw was a sac as well.  It was not until I was 10 weeks that they were able to see the heartbeat and everything.  I am 14 weeks along now.
i would also see about waiting a good week to have the repeat u/s b/c sometimes they can't see anything at 6 wks that happened to me and my levels were not doubling and i was told he was almost positive i would have a m/c because if your levels are over 2000 they should see something on the u/s and my levels at the time of the u/s were 6300 and 24 hours before that were 4600. anyway i was also having some staining and i also had a lot of cramping well i went back a week later and they saw everything and i am now 22 wks pregnant. good luck and don't loose hope i hate it when doctors do u/s before your 7 or 8 wks pregnant b/c it's just to early to see anything.
Hi, once again I really appreciate the support. Now of course I am a bit more worried as last night when I urinated a med amt of red blood came out. I put in a call to the on call ob and explained what wasn't found in the US. she asked if I was having cramping, which I wasn't, and told me if I had more bleeding like a period and cramping I should call back. Of course that evil word miscarriage was used again. :( I didn't have anymore bleeding but this really is getting stressful. I am going to try and relax and just wait until friday. Didn't help that I had some unpleasant dreams about this whole situation last night. I guess all I can do at this point and try and stay positive and pray. I will keep you all posted.
I just went through this and it was sooo stressful.  My doctor was kinda worried even thought hte HCG was doubling normally, my prog was low and the first u/s showed gest sac & pole.  Second showed gest sac & yolk and they were all worried there was no h/b.  Then I went in this monday at just over 7 weeks and saw a h/b.  I advise waiting a good week if you can stomach it and tghen going in.  Sometimes even if you use the OPK, you can be a little off what you expected and a few days make a big diff at this point.  They said for me to be cautiously optmistic.  So take it easy, don't stress your body, don't worry amount very small amounts of blood or a little cramping, esp if the blood id dark.  Take the prenatal vitamins and make sure you get enough folic, etc.  I know it is easier said than done and keep fingers crossed, I'll keep them crossed for you as well, good luck!!!
Hello. This is my second pregnancy. My first had a little spotting, but other than that, it was a normal helthy pregnancy. I am pregnant again and the doc was a little concerned because my HCG levels were pretty high. (71,000) They did an ultrasound on 9/27, and only saw a sac. They did another one the very next day because of the HCG levels, and were able to see a yolk sac and POSSIBLE fetal pole, but werent certain. They ruled out a ectopic pregnancy and molar pregnancy. I am 6 weeks right now, and am not certain if it is very possible to see the embryo right now, and if it is a good sign that they saw a yolk sac. They are doing another u/s next friday, and i am really scared because i have never had a miscarriage before