Worried....need some help
I'm almost 11 weeks pregnant w/twins.  I purchased a fetal doppler.  When I measured the heartbeat in the morning, it was jumping from 96 to 180.  I freaked out a little.  Then by lunch time it was jumping from 80 to 160.  There was nothing in between, either 80 or 160.  I know it's not normal.  Has this ever happened to anyone? Am I doing something wrong?  Help!
I am not sure exactly how those work but I am guessing maybe  you are picking up your own heartbeat.  I wouldn't worry - if you are not having any other symptoms I am sure everything is fine!!
The above is right.  At 11 weeks, the fetal hb's are not very strong, and the signals are getting mixed up between YOUR hb, and the babies.  Don't fret.  I didn't get my doppler to work perfectly w/out interference of my own hb until I was 14 weeks.  
My babies are on the right side, way below my belly button.  You still think it could pick up my hb from the right side, very low in my abdomen?
it's for sure your heartbeat when it's under 100. your heartbeat can be detected all over your body, especially in your stomache...
CERTAINLY.  Your babies are where everyone else's babies are at 11 weeks.  Your uterus isn't very big right now.  You don't have ANYTHING to worry about.  I would put the doppler down for a few weeks.  
Pixijal is right---you will DEFINITELY hear your own heartbeat with the doppler down in your stomach area. I just went through this a couple months ago earlier in my pregnancy. I would get excited when the dr had the doppler on my belly and he would say, "No, hold on...thats your heartbeat."
It is VERY hard to find the baby's heartbeat that early. Only on this last visit--when I was 22 weeks---did he find it quickly and easily and I did not mistake it for my own. It's much faster.
So what you were hearing is your own when it was lower and the baby's when it was higher.