Yeast Infection at 38 weeks
Okay, I am 38 weeks scheduled for induction on Friday, dialated 1 cm and I have developed a yeast infection.  Never had one before in my life.  Is it safe at this point to use anything for it?  And if so, what should I use?
You should call your OB to ask.  There is always someone on call.  Just don't call at midnight or something!  Don't laugh, people do that all the time!  Have a pharmacy phone # ready in case he/she wants to call something in.

This late in pregnancy, I'd rather you call for advice.  Good luck on Friday!
peek, thanks for answering.  i am on hold with the answering service now.  i am not 100% sure it is a yeast infection since i have never had one.  is swelling normal.  i am so swollen it is almost unbearable to walk.
Hm...that's harder to say.  You can get swollen in your perineum from the pressure of the uterus inhibiting blood return from your major blood vessels.  You can also be swollen from infections such as yeast.

Hopefully, your doc will be able to help.  Get some ice cubes, wrap 'em in a cloth, and press 'em to your perineum to get some relief.  And stay off your feet.  Laying down, preferably on your left side, should help.
thanks peek. all he said was to use a mixture of monistat and hydrocortozone cream.  hopefully that will work.  and as always i will take your advice and try to stay off my feet.  it is kinda hard not to at this point.  hope you had a good christmas and have a wonderful new year.  
I had a BV infection at about 37 weeks(Also had a UTI at 30 or so weeks, UGH!)...I was prescribed a 5 day cream. I was kinda freaked out by it, but it turned out ok. It is no fun to be dealing with this stuff so late in the game, but I got through it and have a healthy almost 4 week old baby girl. I was also very swollen at the end, but that was from the pressure of the baby's head being so low. Take it easy and I hope you are feeling better soon.