Maternal & Child Community
Yeast Infection treatments
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Yeast Infection treatments

Well I just got back from my doctor and I do have a nasty yeast infection brought on by the antibiotics that I was taking. My OB told me that I can use anything over the counter. Does anyone recommend anything in particular? I have never had a yeast infection before and want to get this cleared up ASAP because it is not a comfortable thing to have. Its actually a horrible thing to have.

Thanks everyone.

-Danielle
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I just got over one myself.  The second one I've ever had in my life.  I am taking progesterone (vaginal inserts) as well.  My dr recomended monistat since I am in my first trimester.  I didn't think to ask her which one, but I asked the pharmacist at Target and he said the three day dose was best.  So everynight I had to take the progesterone wait one hour and then take the monistat. You can imagine what a mess that was!! Yuck and TMI!! Sorry I hope that helps
Blank
I am in my 21st week of pregnancy and just got over a yeast infection.  My doctor told me to use Monistat. But not the 1 day treatmeant because that can cause a worse infection when you are pregnant, so I used the 3 day Monistat.  It cleared up and I haven't had a yeast infection since.
Blank
i was under the impression that there were some y.i meds that were to be used and some not. i could be wrong!!  unfortunatly he should have been more exact to make it easier for you, ask the pharmacist. call over the phone first if you are embaressed. ive heard dont do the one day, but the 7 day might be more beneficial. im sure someone will chime in, this has been quite the subject lately!
Blank
166219_tn?1267490838
I just got treated for 1 and my DR gave me a 1 day treatment...I had read to not use 1 day to use the dose with more days but DR said it was A-OK and I have reaad up that it doesnt affect pregnancy.  good luck
Blank
Thanks everyone. I will pick up some Monistat on my way home tonight. I hope that it clears up soon because it really sucks to deal with.
Blank
There are some natural solutions to yeast infections that work quite well.  Your local healthfood store may have them.  I, of course, would recommend getting the diagnosis and then checking out the natural stuff.  

Kay,

Link to yeast infection help:
http://www.yeastcuresecrets.com/page1.html?hop=jumpmom2
Blank
I have a diagnosed yeast infection.  The doctor prescribed the 3-day Monistat but it hasn't worked!  I got another one and I am trying to continue treatment, but this is horrible!  I itch and burn clear up to my abdomen and nothing seems to help!  I've tried yogurt and drinking cranberry juice and the exterior cream - what else can I try??
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Though MedHelp has a lot of forums on which a doctor will answer your question, this particular forum is a patient-to-patient community with no doctor in attendance.  For more information on yeast infections and their treatment, you might check the list of related discussions that pops up after the phrase "Back to Forum" at the bottom of the thread, or you might key in "yeast infection" or "yeast infection treatment" in the search box and see what comes up.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...