Yeast infection during pregnancy
My daughter thinks she's getting a yeast infection. She's 14 weeks. I called the ob clinic to ask if there was something she could safely take and they said to just bring her in on Monday. They said there's a pill she could take just one time and it would clear it up. When I started googling around about yeast infections in pregnancy and safe medications to use I found it was recommended AGAINST any oral medications for this because it enters the blood stream but that all creams are considered safe. Is this true? I'm not sure I want to bring her in on Monday after all because I don't want them to give her a pill. I would think they would know, though.
Has anybody else had this problem in pregnancy?
I had several during pregnancy with DD because of all the antibiotics I took for my kidney infections.....I used the monistat cream and I was fine. I wouldn't use the pill either. I'm pretty sure you can just have her use the over-the-counter creams and it'll clear up right away, it always did for me. Also have her eat LOTS of yogurt while she's taking the amoxicillin it'll keep the yeast infection from coming back/getting worse.
Hi!  I'm 29 weeks pregnant and I had a pretty bad yeast infection around week 22 or so.  As far as my doctor told me and from where I researched, you're not supposed to take the pill.  The doctor gave me Monistad 7, and although the treatment *****, it cleared me up within 3 days or so.  
Yeast infections are actually really normal, especially in the second trimester.  However, she should still go to the doctor so they can make sure it is in fact a yeast infection.  Good luck!