Maternal & Child Community
a feeling of twinges/pinches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

a feeling of twinges/pinches

I had a m/c on 3/16 (natural)and my DR said it was ok to continue ttc. I have been bd every other day. I now have a few symptoms that could either pregnancy or my body playing tricks. The past 2 days I have experienced twinges or pinching like feelings in my pelvic area, and I also feel a heaviness in my lower abdomen area. I am a little on the gassy  side as well. I am more in tune with my body since reading on here, but I don't know what all of this is. Please help. Thanks and bady dust to all!!!!!!!!!!
Hard to say. Those could be early pg symptoms or just intestinal bloating/gas.  I hope it is pg.  You are probably too early to test, but it wouldn't hurt.  You could call your doc for a blood test.  I've read blood test can predict pregnancy 6-7 dpo.  Do you know when you ovulated?
if i had a normal cycle it would have been around the 29th. but being that i m/c on the 16 of march - who knows. I did have some discharge like cm around the 26 - 27. I am new at this so i am just not sure. Thanks
I know exactly what you are going through.  I just took a hpt and it was neg.  I have been feeling sick and I have the pressure and I have been going to the restroom more frequently the last couple of days.  I had a D&C on 3/9/06.  I wanted so bad for the test to be positive.  I think it may be too early.  It feels like my breast may be getting ready to hurt, but I have been rubbing and pressing them alot...It may be all in my mind. I don't want to call the doctor because it should take 4-6 weeks to see an AF.  I have not seen one, just started having a slight discharge on yesterday.  Again, I don't know if it is too early, but I know what my body is going through.  I think I am going to wait until the 6 weeks is up to take another hpt because it is so dissapointing.  Good luck to you...just wanted you to know that you are not alone.
I had a D/C on mar. 3ed. I just started AF yesterday. Last week I started spotting, which I never do it is always full blown AF. My BB'S were sore & I was a little crampy so maybe it is the start of AF for you too.
It really stinks that AF symptoms and pregnancy symptoms are so alike, if different at least we would know better!!!
You may be right.  I think mentally I tried to rule that out.  The waiting game is so painful.  My sixth week will be the week of the 17th of April. I don't want to see my AF.  The worst part for me was the beginning of last week.  I was so dizzy and feeling sick just about every morning.  Wish me luck!!!!!  Thanks for your response.
By the way, did you take any pg tests after your m/c? Or did your dr take blood tests to make sure your HCG levels went back down to 0? Mine didn't because she saw how disgusted I was over all the bloodwork I had done in the 3 weeks prior to the D&C. I wish now I would've followed up with my levels since I'm not sure what's going on now. I keep getting faint positives and a couple of negatives. Who knows.  Also, you might have already said this, but how far along were you and do you know how high your HCG levels were? The higher they were, the longer it'll take you to ovulate.
Hi mommie 2. I had a D&C on march 2nd. I was almost 10 weeks, but everything stopped at 7 wks. I've also been experiencing the same symptoms as you. The twinges, pinches, heaviness, peeing more often, pressure down there, my boobs have been itchy and becoming tender, and I've been getting little crampy. Sorry for TMI. I'm secretly hoping to become pg again, my husband doesn't know how I feel. I started taking those cheapy pg tests you can get online about everyday for the last week and half. Mostly they're faintly positive, other times they're negative. I started having weird symptoms and I don't know whether it's from the last pg, or it's a new one starting. I hope it's a new one. It just absolutely sucks that PMS and pg symptoms are so similiar.

Have you taken any ovulation tests? If the 2nd line is still fairly dark after your LH surge, then it can mean you're pg. During a normal cycle the test line will get lighter and lighter towards your AF, then it goes away completely. This can actually give you a better indication if you are indeed pg before the pg test can pick up any HCG. You can order ovulation tests really cheap from the internet too. They work just as well as clearblue or answer.

Keep us updated and lots of babydust
What is LH surge, I have never used ovulation tests. So if I take one after this LH surge, whatever thatis, and the 2nd line stays darker instead of getting lighter there is a good chance of pregnancy?

Thanks and baby dust to you as well, please let me know what happens with you. I am so anxious, I want to complete my family and I am just devestated on the loss.
LH is abbreviation for some kind of hormone that your body produces. I think that it's responsible for signaling your ovaries to release an egg. After you have your AF, there's minimal LH in your system so the test will read negative. A line will appear as you get closer towards ovulating. If you conceived, it will stay fairly dark and won't fade too much.

I've had plenty of experience with them (we planned our 7 month old, and had a m/c the month prior to conceiving him). You can order them from earlypregnancytests.com or saveontests.com. If you don't want to wait for them thru the mail, I believe Answer sells for $11.97 at walmart. The 1st website is a bit more expensive than the 1st, but you'll get them quicker in the mail. Depending upon how many you order at 1 time, plan to spend (only) 41-90 cents each.

Like I said, I used them to conceive my son. I remember that I didn't think I conceived because I thought AF visited. I had the cramping, clots, the whole works. After it ended, I took an ovulation test and there was still a line. It wasn't as dark as was when I ovulated, but it was definitely still there. This continued for a week and I was wondering why the line hadn't changed color intensity. Well, for the heck of it I decided to take pg test and low and behold it was faintly BFP! I took the ovulation and pg tests together. Keep in mind that my husband and I hadn't had relations since before that last "period" which turned out to be implantation bleeding. But my 1st pg test didn't come up positive until 13 DPO, I took one just 2 or 3 days prior to that.

I did order a bunch of pg and ovulation tests from saveontests.com the other day. I'm still waiting for them. I just want to see what's going on with my cycle.

Let me know if you have any more questions about them and I'll try to help.

Take care and lots of babydust ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

songbird
I know and it is so scarrry because I lost the baby in Jan and it didn't completely abort so I had a D&C on the 9th.  It is amazing how our bodies are.  I've read where you count the day of your D&C as AF and then calculate your ovulation.  Then some say you will ovulate normally...I'm just praying for a healthy baby!!!!!
Thanks so much for the info and the web sites, very helpful. Yes, I did go to get the HCG levels. They were back at 10 1 week after the m/c. I don't know how high they had gone but the day the m/c started they were only 579, which I was supposed to be 6 weeks but the ER said that is equivilent to 2 to 3 weeks. I am sure they were high ut probably began to drop before the m/c. My DR said 10 or under is fine. I am so crampy today but I never et cramps for AF. I am just hoping to conceive again soon.

The night I found out I was m/c was so horrible for me. My husband and I were at the local hospital waiting for the birth of his sister first child, I found some d/c while going to the bathroom so I figured we should go have it checked since we were already in the Hospital. While we were waiting for the bllod test results his sisters son was born. Then minutes later I was told I was m/c. It is so hard for me to talk about my nephew because That night is a hard one to remember. I wish I was not so sad but I can not help it.
Anyway thanks for the info>>>>>>>
I actually did read your story from another post and I remember thinking how horrible that must have been for you.

Having a m/c is never easy. You lost a baby that you'll never know. I had 3 m/c in 3.5 years, been pg 5 times already. This last m/c was especially hard on me. I wasn't expecting any problems and had told family, friends, and coworkers I was having my 3rd baby in exactly 3 years. Then I started having on going cramping and bleeding for the last 3 weeks of my pg. Went to the ER 2ce, many bloodworks, told many diagnoses. Finally towards the end I accepted that I was "slowly m/c'ing". I thought this last pg as the lost little one that I had lost right before I conceived my son. I had problems with that pg also, but I didn't fight for it the way I did w/this one. I put an end to it deciding that it couldn't possibly be a healthy pg. I'll never know for sure what might have been.

Someday, when the timings right, you'll find a 2nd pink line. Let your body and soul heal in the meantime. Don't drive yourself mad with all those tests. Let nature take it's course. You may not get pg this cycle or the next until your body's ready.

Keep us updated on what's going on. I'll keep an eye out for you in the posts.

~*~*~*~*~*
songbird