Maternal & Child Community
almost 36 weeks... discharge or?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

almost 36 weeks... discharge or?

Ok, I was goign to wait until next week to ask my doc this but wanted some input.  I have been having a white discharge every time I pee as well as in the undies.  It looks thick and is visible in my urine.  Is this just a normal case of discharge late in pregnancy or do you think it could be an infection?  I have no itching really or any other signs of infection... I lost my mucus plug at 33 or 34 weeks and maybe it could be more of it but it seems more cloudy than mucousy.  Any ideas?  I plan to still bring it up to the doc next week as long as no one thinks I need to call him sooner.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i was told that your plug can regenerate itself.  i lost what i thought was mine around 36 weeks then at 39&40weeks they scraped my membrains and had a big plug type thing come out.
Blank
as long as there is no oder, greenish color, burnning, itching  down there i wouldnt worry. but tell the dr like you planed.
Blank
I've read that it can take weeks, or even a month to fully loose your plug
Blank
164914_tn?1269577507
hey girl. Im 38w2days and I've been having the same thing. I haven't lost my mucous plug yet though. I think that its pretty normal though, I found this on the internet maybe it will help.
"Vaginal Discharge
Don't be surprised if you notice an increase in vaginal secretions.  As the softening of your cervix occurs, white, and sometimes pink discharge may be seen.  This is one of the more uncomfortable early signs of labor.  A yellow or frothy discharge might indicate that an infection is present.  If the softening of the cervix occurs, and you notice this discoloration, notify your doctor."

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...