Maternal & Child Community
amniotic fluid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

amniotic fluid

Has anyone had low levels of amniotic fluid early on in pregnancy, and gone on to have a successful delivery? I am only 22 weeks and babies amnniotic fluid is measuring at 7.  I am waiting to hear from a specialist, but thought I would see if anyone out there had similar experience?
No, I had too much.  That was a problem also.  Not I have a healthy 4 yo.
Hi, with both of my pregnancies i have had low amniotic fluid. Have you had an US to see how your baby is doing? THe first time i had low fluid it was b/c the baby didnt develop kidneys and a bladder, he wouldnt have lived outside the womb, so i had to do a d&c...The second time, it was because i had a leak in the sac. Are you leaking clear fluid? Sometimes, the doctors will inject saline into the amniotic sac to help you along your pregnancy, but with mine it was totally different...keep us posted and good luck
Hi i had theproblem with my son but it was at the end @37 weeks and they took him the day after they found out. but i think i had a leak hopefully you will ba fine just make sure you follow all the directions the doc gives you. Good luck
I had a scre last night acxtually. I wen to go to the bathroom and my panties were soaked. I called my Doc and he told me to go to thr ER. I went and they checked for heart beat and ultra sound. The baby is fine and they just thought it was a change in my CM and maybe a little bit od pee!

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. This can help in production of fluids.

Good luck.

Thank gooness baby was ok.. Best of wishes, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

THey said baby was fine, it had kidneys and a bladder. I don't know if i'm leaking fluid, as I have bled the entire pregnancy and am currently spotting brown fluid.  I am drinking tons of water and bedrested. My specialist apt is for wednesday.  Hopefully things go ok. Thanks to everyone
Hi, This hasn't happened to me,but my SIL has polycystic kidney disease and had very low amnio fluid with both of her pregnancy's.She always measured small for dates,and was checked alot more at a high risk dr,but both of my nephews were born full term,and at a healthy weight.
Hi there...I too am 22weeks pregnant.  Due date of Dec. 14th.  During my u/s they discovered that I have low amniotic fluid.  I am measuring 3 cm in the deepest pocket and 2 cm average.  I know that 5cm - 25cm is considered NORMAL.  The word oligohydramnios refers to low amniotic fluid.  There are lots of great websites if you YAHOO that word.  I am going to be monitored .  But they are not going to do another u/s until 25 weeks.  I am worried, but I also am reassured because they are monitoring me.  My baby is growing well and has a very strong heartbeat, so the doctor is not terribly concerned at this point.  He does indicate an earlier than scheduled delivery date.  Best of luck to you!
How did things go my daughter is going through the same thing now  They are checking her weekly and she is having twins the baby girl is low and the boy is okay  Her Dr is saying there is nothing they can do to increase the fluid but we keep reading that there are things to do. Let us know how thing turned out for you and your baby  ***@****