Maternal & Child Community
anyone else had miscarriage at 9 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

anyone else had miscarriage at 9 weeks

trying for baby came off pill on 25th of jan had one period the became pregnant we were so lucky. had cramping about 10 to 12 days after i ovalated on 7th of march but no blood was it implanted could that of cause the blood in the womb. then i found out i was pregnant on the 21st of march when my period didnt arrive. had period like pain at 5 weeks preg so went for hcg tests they were going up pregnancy looked normal. still had period pain and lower back pain at 6 weeks so was sent for ultrasound. had no bleeding at this stage. the ultrasound scan showed all was well a sac was present but i also had old blood p in the womb and was to come back in a week.(but they thought i was 5 weeks not six by the size of sac)went back in a week to find baby had grown in sac and looked ok but blood was still present at this stage, they even was a heartbeat.was told i was 6 weeks not 7 weeks at this stage.had to go back in two weeks for another scan.didnt get to that i started bleeding on the 25th apr at 9 weeks after my last period. i miscarried that same night.lot of pain and clots and blood went to hospital. had scan all baby was gone but some blood was still there had d/c the day after to remove it. still bleeding now 10 days after.the physical pain and sense of loss is enough. i have a loving husband and two boys one 7 and one 4. anyone been though same and when did they start to plan again.
Hi im sorry for your loss. I went through the same thing i m/s just over 8 weeks. It was very hard for us as this was our first pregnancy. I got some doctors advice about when to start ttc again and he said after 1 normal a/f. I also posted the question on this sight and i got a lot of really healpfull responses. In the end we decided to ttc asap because it was right for us. Unfortumatly no luck as yet. Everyone is different in how they deal with the loss and when they feel ready to ttc again.
I'm sorry you had to go through this, too. There are many of us here who have had mc's. I mc at 12wks in Jan and am still ttc. There are a lot of women who conceived much sooner.
Sorry for your loss! I had my m/c at 16.5 weeks. It was a nightmare for me because I had it stuck in my head that after 12 weeks I was safe from a m/c. We waited 5 months to try again. I just wanted to make sure my body was ready. I started taking prenatal vitmins 60 days before we tried to concieve (conceive). Also, I took robitussin for 2 weeks prior to ovulation. We tried once and succeeded. I am now 33 weeks pregnant. I felt like I did something wrong, but the doctor reassurred me that It wasnt my fault. It was hard, but my husband was very supportive and we got through it. Although you can never replace the life you lost, I think the planning proccess of trying again kept us going. Good luck to you. Be positive, it makes all the difference!
I had two mc last year, one at 9.5 weeks and one at 11.5 weeks.  It was very traumatic and after the second one we decided not to try anymore....

I am now 25 weeks pregnant with a healthy little girl.  She would have been conceived about 6 weeks after I mc.

I am so sorry for your loss.  You should be able to try as soon as you want, provided you are feeling up to it.
im so sorry for your loss. I hope you recover soon. I had a miscarriage last nov and soon after i started ttc again. Im pregnant again although going through a few problems but whatever happens i will still continue trying and being positive. I will pray for you to heal quick.
I'm sorry for your loss.  Sounds like you had a rough time up until the m/c too.  I m/c at 11 weeks last June, got pregnant again right after my first af and my little boy is now 5 weeks old.  You should be set to try again when you are ready, take time if you need it.  I know that I felt better getting pregnant right away and it helped me to move on, it was still very hard and sad.  I was also a wreck the entire first trimester of my next pregnancy, even though all was well, you still worry after you have had a loss.  I didn't tell anyone about my pregnancy, aside from my husband (of course) and my boss until I hit 14 weeks and had seen the baby twice.  Nobody really asked about the nausea, since I had just m/c they figured I had been through a lot.  I pray that you heal soon and take your time to grieve, good luck when you are ready.
Sorry for your loss. I had 3 early m/c's from last May to Sept, but am pregnant now a 4th time and things are going well in my 33rd week of pregnancy. Some people say to wait to ttc again but my OB agreed with me not to wait. I waited one cycle in b/w m/c #2 and 3, but didn't seem to make a difference. I didn't want to wait b/c I was 36 years old so increased risks with waiting (having another m/c or having a baby with birth defects etc). Also, my m/cs were early (before week 9) and no need for a D & C. If later on and/or a D & C, then maybe worth waiting a little until your body is back to normal with a regular period, etc. You can track things with an at home ovulation test, which I used each time. I know it's heart breaking and frustrating but remember than one or 2 m/c's aren't unusual but when you have 3 or more then they start wondering if something is wrong medically or genetically. I had testing and a few minor things came out but no one still knows the cause of my m/cs and I'm just happy to be pregnant now, so use my story as a positive outcome despite several m/c's. Allthough we don't know for sure the cause I did try some treatments that my have contributed to this successful pregnancy - vaginal  progsterone cream for 10 weeks into pregnancy, extra folic acid 4 mg in addition to prenatal vitamin, extra vitamin B6 and B12, baby aspirin. This is b/c I was found to have a posiitve heterozygous MTHFR gene (common in population) and positive ANA screen (though about 1/3 people have this) and I'm not symptomatic of any illness or have further positive results often associated with these findings. Get well physically from the D & C and then try again. I wish you well.

Pretty much, same thing happened to me.  I have 2 healthy children.  We planned another pregnancy, and concieved in 4 months.  Saw the baby at 6 weeks w/a heart beat.  Normal devolopment.  Normal hcg.  By 9 weeks, I began to spot.  Fetus had passed.  I bled for 8 weeks.  The physical part of it was so difficult for 8 weeks, that I'm not sure I ever dealt w/the emotional aspect.

I was pregnant again 3 cycles after the bleeding stopped.  I am now 18weeks, and the baby is due at the exact same time I miscarried last year.  I am very grateful to be experiencing a healthy pregnancy. We will find out the sex next Friday.  

My due date was April 21st w/the one Iost.  It was wonderful to be pg again when that date came and went.  The whole thing was extremely painful and emotional.  I am sorry you have to experience this.  It is very commom, and a normal part of reproduction.  Take care.
Im so so sorry for your loss, you will never fully get over it but you will find it easier to cope as time goes by. I have had two miscarriages and one missed abortion. I was 10 weeks pregnant when I had a missed abortion, it was my first pregnancy, my partner and I went in for the 12 week scan and to find that it had died at 10 weeks, it was measuring at 3cm so it had to be removed by DNC and I have never felt so much hurt & pain in my whole life. The second one I had a misscarriage at 8 weeks and the third one was just last January at 6 weeks, But now I am 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant, I do feel more positive with this one than I did the others but at the same time I'm bracing myself for the worst, I panick every time I go to the toilet thinking theres going to be blood, but so far so good.
You will recover from this, and just think you already have two children so you are already very very lucky.
My thoughts are with you through this painful time.
Goodluck.
My last cycle begin on 2/16/2007 and I bled for 8 days....did a home pregnancy test on March 6 came back negative and another one on March 21, which came back positive.  Had my first vaginal sono on April 25 (9w6d)....doc could not see heart beat and hcg levels was 34403....went back three days later for blood work only and hcg levels  went down to 25897.  Had another doc appt a week later (May 2), and doc said yolk sac shrinking and still couldn't detect heart beat...the day before I had little spotting when wiped.  I have been spotting on and off since may 1st and had light cramping on May 4.  I also have a tilted uterus and still hope something shows up on my next appt which is May 9. Any one have similar diagnosis......
Hi, my name is Lindsay and I just had a miscarriage after being pregnant for almost 12 weeks.  My gynecologist recommended that everyone have the Down's Syndrome ultrasound and bloodwork at the 11-13 week mark just to be safe.  I'm only 25 and honestly didn't think my baby would have down's syndrome...I just wanted the ultrasound to see the baby.  I went in Thursday, April 24th to have an ultrasound done.  My fiancee was meeting me there after work.  They called me back and asked me to lower my pants and lift my shirt.  I asked the woman if they could wait until Brad (my fiancee) got there and she said she needed to start because the test takes 30 minutes and she had an appointment right after me.  She started and I was able to see my baby up on the screen.  She didn't say anything after she started so I asked if everything was ok.  She just said to let me get this test done and then we'll talk about that.  I still wasn't worried at this point.  Then she asked me if I had any cramping and I said no.  I asked again what was wrong and she said "I'm just not seeing what I should be seeing" and I said "what does that mean" and she said "I just can't find a heartbeat".  I immediately started sobbing and she told me to call Brad because he wasn't there yet.  She wiped off my stomach and left the room.  She came back in and said Brad wasn't there yet and moved me to another room, alone, to wait.  Brad finally got there and I had to tell him we don't have a baby and there was no heartbeat.  We were devastated.  My doctor called me on the phone and we scheduled an appointment there for the next day.  No one came to talk to us so we just left.  We went home and cried and then went back to the hospital to the ER to try to get some answers.  We called the after hours number to our doctor from the ER and she said that the machine was probably right and we should go home.  The ultrasound tech was horrible but we had some really compassionate people in the ER and on the phone.  Dawn from the ER was amazing and so was Kathleen...the woman we spoke to on the phone.  We went to our appointment on Friday and they confirmed it.  The baby died at 9 weeks.  We scheduled the D & C for yesterday.  I am just writing this to get my feelings out to women that have been here before.  I had no idea that this would happen.  I know my pregnancy symptoms had declined a bit but my boobs still hurt and I still felt pregnant.  Everyone said it was normal for the symptoms to go away around that time because the placenta takes over.  It makes to so sad to think about having that baby inside of me for so long and it wasn't alive.  I still rubbed my stomach like I had a baby in there and I am glad I did.  I hope that baby knows how happy it made us.  It is just such a shock to not be pregnant anymore.  I hate it.  I feel like I'll never be happy again.  My fiancee and I are getting married June 27th and I can't even be happy about it.  I want our baby back.  I guess I did learn a lot from this whole experience but that's no consolation.  I learned how much I love the man I'm going to marry and how thankful I am for him.  I learned the value of human life and how quickly it can be taken away.  I learned that thing that I thought mattered like weight and looks don't matter at all.  I'd get fat and look ugly to have our baby back.  I also learned how important family is.  I'm thankful I had the experience of pregnancy and I know how badly I want I child.  It's truly amazing how much you can love someone you haven't even met and how badly it feels to lose him or her.  I hope my baby is in heaven looking down on me and I hope it loved me too.  I'll never forget my baby and I hope that, if anyone else has had this happen, can read this and maybe feel less alone because that's how I feel.  Thanks for reading this and I hope God is with everyone that had this happen to them.  I anyone reads this and wants to talk more please email me at lindsay_zauner***@****.  God bless you all.
Hi, my name is Isabel.
After trying for so long, I finally fell pregnant with my first baby - I was so happy & never thought this would happen to me.
I had a miscarriage last Thursday, May 15..... I was 9 weeks pregnant. I am heartbroken & can't stop crying over the loss of my tiny angel.
Everyone says I shouldn't blame myself, but how can you not?
I suppose I had to many expectations and my excitement grew over the weeks while watching my baby grow........, but now it's all over & I have no idea how I'm going to get through this.
My heart goes out to all of you & I ask if you could please give me just a little hope that this pain will eventually go away.
My doc says I can try again in 6 weeks time & I really do want to - I just hope & pray I will conceive quickly & pray everything goes okay.

Have any of you conceived right after a miscarriage?
How long did it take to fall pregnant?
Has your pregnancy gone well?
I had a misscariagge at 9 weeks or around that time and 3 months later I was pregnant again and i had a healthy boy.
Hello, I too was 9 weeks and had no signs that anything was wrong. I went in for the routine doctors appt and he could not find a heartbeat. I had a healthy pregnancy last year. My little guy is 13 months and this was a big surprise, but one we were very excited about. I too am very sad and cry all the time. I am very luck to have my little boy that is helping more than he will ever know. I am afraid of trying again as this is so fresh. Nothing can be more devasting than this.It hurts at the core.  My husband has been very supportive and we have begun to have some closure and went to the ocean and put in some flowers for our little angel and wrote her a letter. My gut feels it was a girl, no confirmation. I just keep praying that I find peace and hope. My docotor is wonderful and has reassured me that it was not my fault and that I already had 1 normal pregnancy, which is a good sign. I guess I still and will always have a lot of questions and no answers. I guess in closing I just want to say that all our feeling are valid and we will all move on and have healthy babies :) My warmest wishes goes out to all that are going through this in their lives.
Sorry to hear about your miscarriage.  My story is a little different but the pain is still the same.  On June 18th I was "11 in a half weeks pregnant.  I went to the doctors to hear the baby's heartbeat.  The doppler wasn't able to pick it up and sometimes they can only hear the hearbeat by the doppler at 12 weeks and after and because at 6 weeks I had a health ultrasound with a heartbeat of 120 bmp I wasn't very concerned when I was sent for the ultrasound.  On  the 19th of June I has a ultrasound and was told there was no heartbeat and the developement stopped at 9 weeks. I am going for a d&c on  Tuesday.  I am still in shock.  This was my 4th pregnancy and I have 3 healthy children but the pain is still there.  My doctor assured me I didn't cause it but I still keep asking myself," What did i do at 9 weeks?"  It's hard not to feel guilty.  
Does anyone else have the same story?
My last mentral was march 31st, had sex april 15 and by the 19th i new i was preggo, i was ovulating during that time and my body just started feeling weird.  Took home pregancy test april 21 it was postive.  Went to planned parent hood on may 2nd and test was postive.  Had first doctor appointment on may 15th yeap, preggo i was 6weeks and 4 days.  Me and my fiance was really happy, i looked forward to having this baby, i was going to be graduating on may 22 and everything was coming together beautifully.  My next appointment was not until june 20th where she was gona use doppler to hear hearbeat.  My bday was june 10th, i layed around at home enjoying the fact that i would be adding a new addition to my family.  I already have a 12 yr old boy who will be 13 next month and this would of been my fiances first child.  Well two days after my bday i woke up and was not hungry, i normally got up everyday at 8am to eat breakfast and this day i didnt.  Later that day around 2 pm my body jus was not feeling right so i went to er to get ultrasound.  It showed a 10week old fetus with no cardiac activity, i started crying when i saw the ultrasound because i didnt hear no heartbeat or see no movement in uterus, i could not stop crying.  I called my ob doctor friday, she had me come in monday for another ultrasound and yes, no heartbeat.  She explained that it was not my fault and not to blame myself, she answered all the questions i had to ask, but it didnt make me feel better because i wanted concrete evidence and answers.  She scheduled for me to have a d n c tuesday on the 17th.  The hospital i went to was great, the education department called me day before procedure to explain the procedure and what to expect, the anthesthesiologist called me that night to explain his roll in the procedure and the admitting department called me to register me so i wouldnt have to do it in the mourning.  My sister came with me, the nurses were great, they really showed there concern and gave me a chance to vent and use there shoulder to cry on.  After the procedure was done the chaplon came to my room with the remains of the baby and i got to see what they took out of me. she blessed the baby and said a prayer for me and the baby.  Here in wisconsin most hospitals believe once conception has took place life has began and when pregancy has ended, death has occured.  I named my baby Logan Alex Hickman-Thompson, a unisex name because i didnt no the gender.  My baby will be burried and a baby cemetery, thats the part that hurts the most, to have a child die and is now going to be burried.  The other frustrating part to this whole situation is that my fiance lives in georgia and doesnt finish school until october, im in georgia twice a month and he visits me once a month so we see each other 3 times out the month.  The plan was for me to move there after i graduated in may, but the pregancy was not expected this soon, so he suggested he moves here to wisconsin since all my family is here and we would have support with the baby, he has no family in georgia.  He was just here in may for the graduation and was scheduled to be here june 24th til july 30th to be at the second and third doctor appointment with me.  So he hasnt been here since the baby died and i feel like i really need him more than ever.  All im going to do is cry and cry when he gets here tuesday.  I was really looking forward to this baby, i had many hopes and dreams for this baby and now all of that joy has turned into sorrow, guilt, anger and jealousy.  Talking to him over the phone, he doesnt seem as hurt as i am.  he tried to reasurre me it was not my fault and we can try again once my body heals.  I dont want to try again, i want the baby that was inside of me.  Im glad for this forum and to no other women are going threw similar or the same situation.  I will be going to georgia with him end of july until october then we will return back to wisconsin.  I guess im going to give my body 3 months to heal physically and emotionaly, at least during this time we will be around each other on a consistant basis during the pregancy.  I will keep everyone in my prayers and again i am very sorry for everyones loss.
Oh yea i had a missed miscarriage.  i bleed one day after the procedure on the 18th then nothing on the 19 but on the 20th i started bleeding and passing clots in the toilet and on the pad and i have very bad cramps that is alternating between left and right side.  Im going in to have lab work done by my primary care physcian to check for diabetes, iron level, cholesterol level, &bmp, im going to ask her to check for my hcg levels since im gettn blood drawn.  Im going to call my ob doctor just to ask questions regarding the cramps and the clots and how long should i bleed for.  Im jus concerned because i read other stories where women had a d n c and was passing clots and had bad cramps and to find out from ultrasound that tissue from preganacy (pregnancy) was still in uterus.  Im jus ready for my body to get back to normal so i can get a better hold on reality and what has just happened to me.
I had a D and C on May 15th and bleed for 10 days straight, a lot of cramps, clots, etc... It was the worst bleeding I have ever experienced. I just got my period this past Sunday and it was 4 days very normal and light cramping. So, it took 5 1/2 weeks for my period to come on and I have received the go ahead from my doctor to try whenever I feel comfortable. I too have had a healthy pregnancy before and this miscarriage took me by surprise and has shocked my world like nothing else. I still think of the baby all the time and feel sad, but do feel ready to try again and hopefully the next time that soul will enter into the world. I was very lucky that my husband has been supportive and that my 14 month old son is just a GREAT support and he does not even know it. I know the pain will never go away, but I can say for me it has become manageable. My heart and prayers goes out to all those woman going through this.
I just went in for my first ultrasound at was supposed to be 9 1/2 weeks.  The sac was there but it was starting to sink in and there was no sign of a baby.  I had had a few mild cramps and only been spotting slightly for two days.I am scheduled for a D and C in two days.  This is my second pregnancy and I knew there was something different.  I wish I had gone in sooner.  
I really want to try again but I don't know if I am strong enough.  What if this happens again?
I wish you all luck.
I had a miscarriage last thursay not evena week yet and havnt slept since. Im really struggling to get on with life an everything i see or do indicates back to the baby. Ive bled throughout but they saidit was fine. Hadthree scans, saw a heartbeat etcc and passed blood clots all the time. But the dctors said there was no need to worry it was just the blood clot passing next to the baby Was then admitted to hospital on the tuesday, two days before in terrible pain and all they said was that the baby was fine, cervix was closed and it was the blood clot passing through causing a few contractions. Anyway they booked me in for a scan on the thursay to check the blood lot had removed itself safely away from the baby when a very rude lady just saidtheres nothing there. I was devastated and then told me to leave in a polite manner.  The annoying thing is that throughout whenver i hadan appointment or called up they said no you would no when your having 1 the blood clot has to be bigger than your hand! Andtold me not to worry and just book my midwife an look towards the future andplan with a baby. I was only 9 weeks. Would of been ten today. Has anyone else experience such a awful exerpeicen by hospital staff?
im very sorry for your lose my and my bf found out i was prago last December on the 2nd. we where very excited and decided to go ahead and get married in stead of waiting till march like we had planed. on the 9th i went to the hospital  because i had some sopting they told me everything was OK but to stat on bed rest till my OB told me it was OK to go back to work. the bleeding  stopped a few days latter but started back around the 16th the day before we got married so i went back to the hospital and they told me i lost it i was compliantly devastated and ended up having to have my d&c on Christmas eve. if you ever need anyone to talk to my e-mail is shawnah_patrick***@**** please email me.im sure your husband is very supportive but if he is anything like mine he thinks everything will b fine if we just got pregnant again but im still not ready
I had a miscarraige (miscarriage) only yesterday. I should have been 11 weeks pregnant but on the ultrasound the pregnancy was only measuring 9 weeks and there was no heartbeat. I had been spotting for a few weeks with period like aches but doctor kept saying it was normal. Finally on Monday just gone my doctor booked me an appointment at the hospital for Wednesday 19th May where they found no heartbeat. I was given a few handouts highlighting my 3 options: leave to let it happen naturally, surgery or tablets. I came away feeling very confused and scared.
I was given a phone number for the early pregnancy unit and they were really helpful. I decided to wait to let nature take its cause.
I woke yesterday morning at around 7:00am with a gushing feeling like my waters had gone, it was a clear fluid with a slightly pink colour. When I called the epunit they said I should'nt have fluid really at this stage of pregnancy. Then I stated to bleed. About half an hour later I felt something pass down so I went to the toilet and saw the pregnancy fall into the toilet. I did'nt have bad pains only like a heavy period like cramping. I then passed blood clots throughout the day some as big as a plum, the bleeding was scary and I was on the phone to the ep unit constantly through the day. Today now the bleeding seems to have eased, I am still having cramping pains but hopefully all will pass soon. I have a scan booked in couple of weeks to check all has gone. We have decided to try again as soon as we can.
Sorry to all those that have gone through this. But keep strong
HI,
My name is loveth. this is my 3rd miscarriage.   I am 40 years old and have 3 living boys.  I wanted  to have a girl and that is why we keep trying.  After my last son in 2006. i got pregnat at march 08 and miscarry after 8 weeks.  I was very upset , blame myself a lot.  The 2nd time was in oct of 08 , again  I became pregant and after 14 weeks I went to  the  doctor only to find out that  it was  a belighted pregnancy. After 2 days I miscarried it.
     Now in April of 2010 i missed my period.  I was so happy that my dreams has finally come true.  8 weeks into the pregnancy , i went in for 1st vaginal ultrasound . My obgyn told me that she could not her a heart beat.  I was devasted.  she send me to for another ultrasound  at 9 weeks.  They also told me that there is no heart beart.   I just wanna know if this is normal.   I have done all the test that one can talk about .  The  only thing I have is fibroid.  although I had this fibroid since before I conceive my three children. I was wondering why it is causing trouble now.    My doctor have tested me for every thing else and they all came back normal.   I really need help from u guys . this my three miscarrige in a row.  What  did I do wrong. please help.
I went to the hospital on the 4 june and they told me there was no heartbeat, i was 9 weeks and 4 days, they gave me 3 options let it go naturally, take tablets or hv a dnc, i chose to let nature take ts course, after 2 weeks nothing happened, i went in and decided to take the tablets, now i no that wasthe worst decision i have ever made. i took 1 tablet last tuesday and had to go back last thursday to have 4 pesiries inserted into me. i went through labour till the baby passed. i was in hospital for 10 hours waiting. it finally happened. i was then asked to sign a form because it was a recognisable foetus it had to be cremated, i recieved a phone call yesterday from funeral directors telling me that they are holding a funeral for my baby next tues 29 at te crematorium, its killing me and i feel as if my head is very screed up. Has anyone else been in this position and how did you overcome it all
It was really sad reading all of the previous posts, but it does give me comfort knowing that I am not alone in how I feel.
I am 35 yrs old and found out I was having twins. This was my first pregnancy & my husband & I were totally in shock but delighted. Because of my age we thought this was a blessing in diguise. We went for our first ultrasound & this is how we found out about the twins. The technician who did the ultrasound was not very professional and we were not given much information. We ended up having 3 techicians scanning me and I finally left with my lovely little picture of my 2 babies, one a little smaller then the other. Five days later when my results were submitted to my midwife she called me to advise that the small twin Baby A did not have a heartbeat. I was in shock, I left the ultrasound clinic thinking I was having twins! So I had been scheduled for another ultrasound in 2 weeks time to see how Baby B was progressing. My midwife sent me to another clinic which was fantastic as I know I would mostlikely would have created a scene. I am still quite bitter over my treatment. My second ultrasound revealed I lost Baby B, there is not enough words to express how I feel. The tears are now slowly drying up but the bleeding has just started. I am experiencing some cramping but the strange thing is I lost Baby A 3 weeks ago and had not had any spotting. Two days after I found out about Baby B, I have started to bleed small clots. I am terrified to see and feel what is going to happen in the next few weeks. I have chosen to let nature take its cause and not get a d&c nor tablets. I lost my first baby at around 8 weeks and my second around 9 1/2 weeks, but they could not be sure exactly.
I do feel a bit better after writing this as I am living in a foreign country and I have no close family around me so this is a good way to vent.
I am really sorry to hear about my fellow sisters out there who have experienced a miscarriage. But there is a little saying that was once said to me, " Women are like teabags, you put us in hot water and we only get stronger!".  I know in my heart my next pregnancy is going to be perfect as there will be 2 little guardian angels looking out for me and the baby.
It seems as if the clock has stopped, and it revolving around the news I was told yesterday at the "oh so exciting ultra sound" we had been waiting for. This is my sencond baby, and my bf's 1st. The technician proceeded with the u/s as any normal day...My man smiling from ear to ear..but I was no. I noticed that there was no heart beat. I asked her "shouldnt you be able to see the heart beat by now? (9wks 4 dys) SHe said most of the time you shuld be able to, let me look from a few different angles. We looked...and saw nothing. No beat, no movement. WHAT?? She went to show the doctor what was happening, he came in and sat and starred at the monitor for a good 2 minutes..still as can be. Trying to see SOMETHING. Still there was nothing.  He told me at 9 weeks you would be able to see a heartbeat and that most likely I would miscarry in the next week.
So here I am, boobs still sore, pants too tight, and waiting to pass my baby?? I dont understand how the baby can measure up to exactly what t is supposed to be, and not be alive? I somehow just dont buy this. I may be up in the clouds but i think they are wrong.
They took my blood and I test again next week to see if my hormones are going down. A WEEK? Cant they tell any sooner than that? This will be the longest week of my life. Eff this week.
I had a dream where I had a boy and a girl and that's how I started getting the feeling that I was going to have twins. I went to my first ultrasound alone because my fiance had taken sick days off of work and had a huge project and I was thinking it wouldn't be a big deal and I'd get it recorded. I went in there and the biggest worry on my mind was asking for a recording of the heartbeat and seeing if I was right about twins. Except the ultrasound tech found no heartbeat. There were fraternal twin sacs with nothing in them. They measured 6 & 7 weeks so they told me there was a 99% chance that I'd miscarry. I broke down like never before and would rather have been stabbed than go through that agony. You feel so exposed and it's a terrible feeling, having what you wanted more than anything seemingly taken away in front of everyone. I still had to go back the next week to check and that was the worst agony, investing my entire mind in thinking that 1% could work for me. I spent too much time on the missed miscarriage site. The next week one sac didn't grow and the other grew appropriately but we couldn't see anything in it, measuring 8 weeks. Two blighted ovums, how unlucky am I? They still advised me to wait another week to check on the sac that grew. Meanwhile, I have every pregnant symptom in the book and my body has changed and I can't even console myself that it's for the baby. It is so hard to believe that you will miscarry when you feel so pregnant. My fiance and I are getting married in less than a month and we thought this was a beautiful surprise and were so excited and now I resent every person I see who's a terrible parent but were somehow able to have kids. I went from reading every pregnancy book I could find to ordering miscarriage books from amazon and sobbing. I feel so sorry for every other woman who knows how I feel, I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
im 19 and 3 days ago i found out i lost my first child at 9 weeks its been 3 weeks now since the progression of my baby came to a hault i had my scan on wednesday and the baby is still highly visable and have chosen the option to try a natural miscarriage and is just wondering is there anything i could try to start of the process :(
I kno how u feel i have had 2 mc one was at 10 weeks and the other one at 17 1/2 weeks. I kno you will never get over it. The first bby died at 8 weeks and the second one i had it premie it didnt make it . I tried one last time nd my doc ssid i have incompetent cervix so he said if i wanted to get pregnaant again i was going to have to get a serclage done wich means get my cervix sowed so the bby wont come out i decided to try one more time and i did get pregnsnt my doctor did the prosidure and it was a really hard pregnancy but it was worth it at the end ;) on september 8 my lil miracle came into diz world she is 4 months now and so healthy and big so dnt loose hope miracles do exisis.. xoxo YAZMIN