Maternal & Child Community
anyone have a u/s before the 16th week and the tech said boy or girl an...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

anyone have a u/s before the 16th week and the tech said boy or girl and is it a good guess

im 18 weeks pregnant my 20 week u/s is in two weeks and im very nervous i was told at 13 weeks 90% it was a boy all we seen was like the lines i guess i hardly remember my grandmother keeps saying maybe its a girl because my cousin was told its a girl then at her next u/s it was a boy i heard this happening to many people
How funny I just posted about my appointment and hadnt even gotten to the point of reading others.  I just had a really high tech u/s done.  I am 13w1d.  They said 90% a boy, and we definitely saw his parts.  I think it is harder if they see a girl or just lines cause that could just mean the male parts havent dropped yet from the pelvis.  But I havent heard of any parts going back inside.  My mom really wanted a granddaughter so she was asking if it just had really BIG girl parts. LOL!
If they said boy then it's usually boy even if it's before 20wks. It is very very hard for that to change, or rather them make a mistake on that. Alot of women who have boys find out well before 20wks. So I wouldn't stress too much. Congrats on your baby boy!
I was 13 weeks and they told me it's aboy. They were right. Good luck
I was told at 12 weeks 5 days it was a boy with my second, she was right! It all depends, I didn't really believe her despite the proof on the screen.She even did a blood flow test to prove it wasn't the umbilical cord. It wasn't until I went in for my 20 week and we saw him again that I finally accepted it! But that tech has only been wrong once in her career. Good equipment, cooperative baby, and a great tech.
I was told at 12 weeks that my baby was a boy and they were right!!!
hi i was told at 13 weeks it was a boy wasn't 100% but right, i had my 18 week scan and it was confirmed a little boy they pointed out the little boy parts several times,
I was 12w4d when I was told it was a boy, no doubt. I was skeptical, but they were right! I'm having my first little man after four girls! A good tech can tell that early by looking at the genital tubercle. Below is an article about it. I did my research when we were told that early because 99% of people that I told said that it is impossible and just simply too early. They were wrong. Like I said a GOOD TECH will be able to tell that early. They are trained and have more certifications at that early ultrasound. The nuchal translucency ultrasound. We were lucky enough to have a good tech!

http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/MedEd/urology/nlpendv.htm
My girlfriend was told at 17.5 weeks it was a boy and she had a girl. Good luck.
I was told at 13 weeks it was a boy and they were not lieing!!!
I had a scan with my third child at 13 weeks & the tech said that it had a knobby bit & that at 13 weeks both boys & girls had this & if the knob pointed up it was a boy & if knob pointed down it was a girl?  Has anyone else heard of this?  Does any one have a scan of 13 weeks where you know what you are having so I can compare? I only have 1 more week to wait for my 20 weeks but I am impatient.  I have 2 girls already.  Tech said that it was 60% girl!!!!